the Rift

Serpent Made of Glass

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit
The war-beaten stallion had only just made his way back home. Injuries still bled, ached and ravaged at him. He used what little strength he had left to numb them, to steal away those senses of pain, and make them a mere, dull pressure. He did not place weight on the hind leg whose hock had swelled the size of a small watermelon. He did not hail a medic or Onni, knowing they ventured back to the Edge now to heal those in more dire need than he. Granted, he probably was in dire need. But he was also used to getting himself injured, he had ways of managing the pain and knew of simple remedies that would pause infections from growing, at least for a time.

It was after his reunion with his family in the Meadow that he then became General again, and searched the ground below for the prisoner he had so artfully won. D'Artagnan was a playing card, and Azzuen had used him appropriately, removing the doctor from the forefront of a battlefield where numbers were everything. The General landed before the blood bay unicorn with one glass horna nd one shard jutting from his head. His eyes were a deep, fathomless black now, serious; dangerous.

"You missed out on all the fun, little doctor." Deep, yet tired tones attempted a jab at the stallion. Azzuen was worn, spent. He no longer cared to hold this creature captive. Ears tilted as he lifted his head and directed his gaze towards the border. He wondered if Xira was nearby - he assumed she was, and that she was likely to hear him.
"I believe we have company on the borders. Follow me, little doctor." With effort Azzuen took to the skies again, expecting d'Artagnan to follow the trail of bloody droplets he left, or at least the shadow that skimmed across the ground before him from Azzuen's flight. The Doctor was being set free, if he didn't follow now, he would not be given another chance.

[About to post to Lena & co. too, can I assume d'Art is following? :-) ]

Messages In This Thread
Serpent Made of Glass - by d'Artagnan - 10-04-2012, 06:10 PM
RE: Serpent Made of Glass - by Ázzuen - 10-06-2012, 07:25 PM