the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I)

Evaneska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
so hold on
be strong
No. A fragile mind immediately rejected the scene slowly unraveling. Please no. Let it be a mirage, let it be an optical illusion. Let it be her brain failing her. Anything - please - anything but the truth. Lie and say her imagination is acting up. Hold her close and coo that it is alright and naught but a nightmare. Lock her up even. Call her crazy for seeing such things. Call her insane and lock her in an asylum. Please. Speak of anything except the truth. Don't let this be real. Peace and purity was promised on these sacred lands. Under the Sun's protection they were safe and warm. This wasn't supposed to happen.

Flames raged in the air: fire burned brightly, angrily. Blue eyes wandered to the Sun in all of his glory. Molten fire dripped from mighty wings. His shout echoed in her head, echoing her sentiments. Slowly she was forced to accept this reality. Ignorance was forcibly removed layer by layer. The safeguard around her head was agonizingly sliced away as the truth was exposed - the truth she knew all along.

Light revealed the shadows, the hidden, and she wished it hadn't. White scales were revealed and her world spun. Knees buckled together as her body quaked. The creature's voice added spasms. She had heard that voice before. She knew it. Lurking in camouflage was one of the tainted, mad Gods her land was associated with.

Like a ghost the past came back to haunt her. Scared, so scared. Laying on cold stone. Sacrifice would bring greater good. Had to be strong. Couldn't be. Unworthy. My fault. On that slab of rock cruelly designed to reflect some ritualistic alter was where she met her first God. Foolishly she had been enraptured by his appearance. Locked away. Lonely, so lonely. Such a beautiful land but.. The isolation. Please, may I leave? No, wait, no please I didn't mean - I'm sorry.

Evaneska stood petrified. A lump in her throat made her feel as if she was suffocating. Breathing became hard. So terribly hard. Yet she didn't notice even as her head became light. Instead all she could do was stare in silent horror. Fear gripped at her chest and crushed it under its mighty claws.

For a moment her loyalty was split. If she raised a single hoof against either God it would be heresy. She couldn't show disrespect - she wouldn't. Not to mention how grateful she was to the Sun. She dared to glance at him. "Please.. Purify this taint. All the lives that have suffered.. I do not have much power, but draw upon my very soul if it strengthens yours." she silently prayed. While she doubt her words were worthy enough to reach them, she still hoped they would. Gaze drifted to the one that didn't belong here. Yet, at the same time, she felt the same. As if she didn't belong here, as if she was taint on this land. If she had to be banished too then so be it. Evaneska couldn't watch the earth be swallowed in corrupted magic once again.

Wings dangled as her exhausted body, her exhausted psyche, caused her to crumble to the ground. Thantos. she thought quietly. He had been right. He was always her savior. But this time.. please spare him from any pain. The brave warrior didn't deserve to be injured due to her mistake.

The mare was nothing but a useless decoration on the flats that were turning into a battlefield. She watched as horses swooped in with courage alighting their hearts ablaze. Even if she had the strength to join she would be nothing but an interloper getting in the way. All she could do was pray. Snap me up, eat me, anything. But please spare these courageous, innocent, and pure horses. Don't let them be touched by the taint. Her head drooped towards the ground. Face to face she found herself staring at her worthless form stained with trails of tears.

mentions Sun God & Thantos
ooc she is completely terrified of the gods from her old world. all they have done. evaneska ends up slumping in the middle of the battlefield where she can easily be injured - feel free to hurt her badly because she's just getting in the way. she prays to the sun god, wishing to give him any strength she has to offer.

TEAM SUN GOD

image credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Evaneska - 09-26-2015, 03:41 AM