the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I)

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

He watched Rexanna walk away, bidding him to follow in order to talk away from others. He glanced apologetically at his Mauja— ‘stallion duty’ called— and started after his slighting infuriating golden princess.

Then pandemonium.
It had been too good to be true.

He lost both Rexanna and Mauja in the chaos that was reigning. Explosions of light befell the crocodile that shouted so vilely over the reflecting earth. An elephant’s trumpet escaped him— to fight the god or find Rexanna? Or find his lead and fight by him?

He had hoped his lover had made it to the edge of the throng, for that was where she was headed. She had fared fine in the last battle. She was a smart woman. And, though his lead had saved his life, he also had melted most of his hide in the process. And attacking the Rift god last time had worked out particularly poorly for the elephant. He wasn’t keen on having a god melt on him again. Ever.

For the first time in his life, Tembovu waffled with indecision on the battlefield. Eyeing the mayhem, the flying magic, the attacking equines, the crocodile. It seemed that the winged ones had the best advantage against those many, snapping teeth.

The multitude of fire caused him to hesitate as well— for his skin was still shiny and new from the last burns he had. If only he had magic of his own… This was another first, wishing for magic.

A resigned sigh escaped him, for he knew he would be sorely disappointed in himself if he did not fight this obviously unjust god. Didn’t he spend his life seeking justice? “Damn, this is gonna hurt,” he grumbled to himself, steeling his resolve with a warrior’s dark humor. He launches, knowing that most places are unsafe to spear a croc. Though tries to come from behind and land on top of the croc’s jaws. It’s easier to keep them closed than to detangle your mangled body from the jaws. Though who knew how mangled he would be from all that magic and attacks flying around. Damn.

One more unto the breach, dear friends, once more.
image credits
- table by Niki -

Team Sun
Summary: Resigned, he launches his massive body from the back/side of the croc and tries to land on top of its jaws in order to keep them closed or crush/break something.
(…Probs a dumb move, BUT HE’S OUTTA IDEAS XD)

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Evaneska - 09-26-2015, 03:41 AM
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Tembovu - 09-27-2015, 12:10 AM