the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I)

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather

Had simple hallelujahs and reverence been the only sensation winding through the flats, the Reaper would’ve left, gone back into his hollowed catacombs and empty temples, wandered until another folly, another tribulation, tied him to defiance or listlessness. He could have vanished altogether – one more wraith tossed and unfurled into the midst. Yet, the strange, world-tilting echo of Ode’s voice trickled through his ears, tampered with his mind, held him fast and firm to the gilded land: Ready, Uncle?

The Lord wasn’t usually surprised or shocked, and his features became rendered into speechless, befuddled sketches; widened eyes, flared nostrils, an arch to his brow, an overwhelming flow of calculations and contortions bristling amongst his skull. He should’ve known all of his family, all of his kind, all of the strands leading back to Isilme, to Ignatius, to Stone, to crowns and pebbles and the phantom zeal of the sea, the delicate warmth of the sands – but this youth had been wandering the halls of the Basin, completely, utterly foreign to him. His head tilted, stare narrowed, examining, studying, scrutinizing, attempting to trace over definable features, a link to generations, a distinguishing mark of all their livelihoods, their pasts, their present, their future. His chilling, distinguished voice unfurled through the unfamiliar tidings, the Sun God’s promises of peace and salvation, widening the bits, the frail, splintered sentiments, of his compassion towards the soldier. He wanted to know, craved the information, the trail lined with naught but clipped words and phrases. “Who is your-,” only to be cut away by the shattered oaths of a deity.

The chiseled demon’s speech broke apart as he witnessed the destruction of assurance: the rolling glimpse of a reptilian back, a crocodile boa, surrounding the newly discovered kingdom; another monster, another fiend, another devilish opus ringing through his ears. He would’ve smirked and gloried in the manifestation of terror, of devastation, of the unholy, vigilant creep of violence pooling over them, had Ode not rushed off prior, leaving him to watch the chaos unfurl just a little bit longer.

His eyes roamed to see where Erebos had gone. His stare traced over his brethren as they raced forward, onward, into the battle (and he tried to snuff the sense of pride hovering along his ribs), and the foundation of the fray pierced through his soul. He could’ve spent several more moments deciding on his maneuver, when his glare roamed back to his newly discovered nephew, and a clash of motion nearby.

A Pegasus: not advancing towards the massive reptile, but across to Ode, teeth bared, treachery ensnared. Here, the Reaper did give a moment to snicker – for it was all he’d needed to enter the melee.

Varnished and cloaked and tainted with enough hatred, with enough malediction, with enough rancor to sink into oblivion, the Basin sovereign sprinted along the puddles, the marsh, the golden tides with every intention of staining it red. Belligerent and bestial, the raging, contemptuous, pervading entanglement of his invocations blistered and scorched along his throat, driving a maddening pulse amongst his jaw, until he moved in, closer and closer and closer, awakening a crescendo of terror and distortion. No one would be allowed to touch one of his own. He’d maul the opportunity. He’d harpoon the chance. He’d wreck, shatter, and savage. Trying to reach the winged fool’s right, he parted his mouth and released one massive fireball, a draconic display, a molten fervor, intending to destroy, to ravage, and to ruin.

Instigating another charge, he swiftly shifted his weight to the left and promptly drew himself closer to the reptilian god, launching one more fire-laden sphere towards its visible back. 

[ TEAM SUN GOD.

Sees @Gull trying to attack @Öde and attempts to intervene by unleashing one fireball towards Gull’s right side.

Breaks away by shifting direction to the left to aim another fireball at the crocodile god’s back.]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Evaneska - 09-26-2015, 03:41 AM
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Deimos - 09-27-2015, 08:46 AM