the Rift

[OPEN] nothing is certain except for death

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS

I will give your heart a place to rest when everything you had has turned and left.
I'll weave your names into my ribcage; lock your hearts inside my chest.

Their trek was so long, but it needed to be done. Macaria had spent too long in the desert, separated from her family. Well--not entirely. Her brothers were with her, but when Archibald went to reclaim his fallen daughter, neither of his hellion sons were to be seen. The thought lay bitter on the Czar's tongue. Those boys were in the Throat to watch and to protect her and they had not been there. Bile rose in Archibald's throat, the anger burning his tongue like acid. He had kept it low and unreadable in the presence of his daughter. The father wanted to give no reason for this precious girl to think lowly of the careful guardians she had been given as brothers. Perhaps they had not been there because they had been given rank and duty. The thought amused Archibald. His sons were raised as outcasts, vagabonds living off the land. Were they fit for rank? Their mother never truly was. Even so loyal to the Grey and the Foothills, her heart always yearned for the wildness she had been born and raised into.

"Macaria, welcome to your home. Here, you are a Princess." Archibald finally spoke, standing tall next to his delicate daughter. The Dauntless moved his muzzle down to brush against her grey back. Loretta moved to stand before them, tail wagging as it curled above her back. Like then the boys were colts, she was itching to play chase with the grey filly. However, as she looked upon the daughter with a smile, her head suddenly snapped around and she caught sight of the oncoming canine. Snarling viciously, Loretta turned and leapt toward the creature. Archibald lifted his head and moved a tree-trunk leg before Macaria. Golden eyes narrowed toward the treeline, but softened when a muddied body entered the scene. "Loretta!" Archibald scolded before the malamute could grab the hellhound in her deadly jaws.

"Aye, you are alright, child." Archibald nodded. A small smirk lit his features, "Meet my daughter, Macaria." He shifted, removing himself as the grey's shield. "I am sure she would enjoy someone her own age showing her around." He looked upon his princess with pride swelling brightly in his golden eyes.

Image Credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
nothing is certain except for death - by Macaria - 09-26-2015, 03:21 PM
RE: nothing is certain except for death - by Archibald - 10-10-2015, 02:01 PM