the Rift

dear miss white

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
I had always heard that leaving a place meant you either left it for good or came running back with a tail between your legs. Whoever said that must have been a coward. Seeing as here I was walking right back into that Threshold I had last seen while I was young, running from my own family. I was coming back to Helovia, stronger and smarter than ever. Still angry about my mother and what my family had done to her. I hadn’t learned much here, but I learned elsewhere. I lived a life away from here. Albeit a short one, but I found myself returning to the place I thought of often. The feeling in my lungs breathing in the air of Birdsong reminded me of my birthday, a thing often shared with friends and family.

Friends and family were a thing I didn’t have and no longer cared for. They drained too much off of you. You end up relying on them and believing them and they turn around stabbing you in the back. However, curiosity was also something that I had an affinity for. I believed that in life it was important to learn. That’s what intelligence was for. I was smart, quick, a bit strange in conformation; but I knew what I wanted to do. I knew I wanted to find out more about my birth and the strange incidents that occurred during – and after – my life here.

I had grayed a lot in the time from being here. I reminisced in the reminder of leaving Helovia in such a hurry yet also wonder on what the outside world was like and how it differed from here. It was interesting, to say the least. Some places I had been were terrified of my large ashen wings. Other places looked down on it. I could never quite find my place out there and it angered me to know that the only place I could even have a shot at being welcomed in was the one place I ran from. Perhaps my return could wield some answers.

So as I flew above the trees of the Threshold, knowing the feeling of exiting all too well, the feeling of entering it seemed almost surreal. I knew what I was here for and I wouldn’t leave without answers. I was angry, my nostrils flaring in a fit of slight exhaustion from hoisting my heavy body into the air and the frustration at what exactly I looked for while returning. I could only hope it would be a decently happy welcoming. Maybe I would stumble across some creatures that had no idea who I was. That would be a more pleasant outcome.

Though it’s not like I was terrified anymore. I had learned much in my time away. I had learned to fight and not run away from my issues. I would settle things straight right away. I guess that makes me blunt, but I didn’t have a need for liars and murderers. I had a need for people who could tell the truth and do the truth. No, I wasn’t an honest crusader. I had lied in my time, but I did know when to lie and when to tell the truth. And I stood my ground on everything. I could be a great creature of debate if need be, but I would never back down.

Gliding closer to the ground of a clearing within the woodlands, I landed elegantly on the front half. My rear always landing harder due to the mixed breed that I was. However, as I folded my wings across my back, I lifted my head high. I breathed in the air with the sensational feeling of my magic returning to me. That was probably the one thing I missed the most about this place, magic. Though as my river stone gaze danced across the trees, I realized that perhaps today would be my lucky day.

"Speak."
DARWIN
With every breath and every intake, 
tip toe further away. 
You breathing and bloodshot, tired mistake. 
I’m no savior. I’m no saint.

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
dear miss white - by Darwin - 09-26-2015, 06:59 PM
RE: dear miss white - by Aeolus - 09-28-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: dear miss white - by Dröm - 09-28-2015, 09:01 PM
RE: dear miss white - by Darwin - 09-29-2015, 08:50 PM
RE: dear miss white - by Aeolus - 09-29-2015, 10:09 PM
RE: dear miss white - by Dröm - 09-29-2015, 10:45 PM
RE: dear miss white - by Darwin - 10-08-2015, 05:58 PM
RE: dear miss white - by Aeolus - 10-08-2015, 07:55 PM
RE: dear miss white - by Darwin - 11-02-2015, 04:45 PM
RE: dear miss white - by Aeolus - 11-03-2015, 12:08 AM