the Rift

[PRIVATE] we jumped, never asking why

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

I stayed silent for a while and listened to Ampere and Cathun as they spoke, but it was mostly because I knew nothing about what they were talking about. Ampere asked why he fought against the wolf, something I was wondering about since he'd wanted to get away so badly during the first fight. I wondered how he could think himself a coward when he'd been there for that fight. Honestly, it was ridiculous.

When the conversation turned to family I nodded my agreement with the electric mare. "Family doesn't have to be blood." I finally spoke up. "Some of my closest family are the ones that I share no blood with, like Cera and Gaucho." Sometimes I thought it was pretty sad that I was closer with horses I wasn't related to than I was to my own family. "I love them and I would do anything for them and the rest of this herd because they're my family too. We all live together and take care of each other like a family should. That's what binds us all together. Its what makes us function and protects us."

But as always Cathun had a tirade and his frustration was nearly tangible, but he wasn't the only one that was frustrated. "You are important." I protested. "To me. To us." I looked at Ampere, then, a silent plea for some backup. "And to the rest of the herd...It doesn't matter what anyone else in your old home thought..."

"If I am, why have I been marked to die like this, why don't I get to be like everyone else?"

He was making me frustrated all over again and I snorted at him. "You have to move on, Cathun." I said, exasperated that every conversation went back to his situation"It happened, there's nothing you can do about it besides move on with your life." He would be angry with me, but I didn't care. He might not want to hear what I was saying, but someone needed to say it, and I wasn't scared of his little temper tantrums that he pitched. "You let it define who you are, you let it degrade you and make you feel worthless. You act like you're worthless. How can you expect everyone else to see the value in you when you can't even see the value in yourself?"

He stepped back, but I stayed rooted to the place I stood and I watched him. "When I look at you I see someone who is brave. I see a fighter, someone who is passionate, and obstinate, and utterly frustrating. I see someone with a good, kind heart. I see someone who is worthy of love and friendship. Someone that has value." I looked at Ampere, then. "What do you see when you look at him?" I asked her and just hoped that she would help me with build him back up.

"."

Image Credit

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
we jumped, never asking why - by Cathun - 09-27-2015, 01:42 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Ranjiri - 09-28-2015, 11:27 AM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Cathun - 09-28-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Ranjiri - 09-28-2015, 06:24 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Cathun - 09-28-2015, 07:00 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Ampere - 09-28-2015, 07:39 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Ranjiri - 09-28-2015, 08:12 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Cathun - 09-28-2015, 08:58 PM