the Rift

[PRIVATE] we jumped, never asking why

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

I can admit that I wasn't totally sure of what exactly it meant when the last of the beads on Cathun's necklace broke. I was under the impression that it meant he would die right away, but obviously I was wrong. I flinched back in shock and surprise when he took the necklace off and his entire body erupted in flames. So that was what he was. He was fire. He was a phoenix. He spoke of his past, told us about how he had been used to burn down his previous home and murder everyone he cared about and my heart did ache for him. I remember how I felt when I'd tried to hurt my dad and Gaucho so I could only imagine what Cathun felt after having actually killed his family, but I didn't think he should blame or hate himself because of it.

Ampere was the next to speak and I looked at her, listening as she asked the questions that I wanted to ask. I turned my head back to Cathun and I added my own question. "If you don't want to care about anyone then why are you wearing my feather?" My eyes drifted to the golden feather speckled red with my blood. I just didn't understand him. Right when I thought I was beginning to have some understanding he surprised me by throwing another fit or saying something else hurtful.

I fell silent again as Ampere spoke and I found myself watching her, clinging to every word that fell from her lips and I agreed with everything. How many times had I tried to explain that Helovia's gods were not the same as the ones from his home? It was something that his stubborn ass refused to accept because he clung too tightly and too desperately to his hatred, but hatred wasn't going to save him.

I turned my head back to Cathun and I sighed. "A phoenix rises from the ashes after it burns, Cathun." I said, because I couldn't help but liken him to the magnificent bird that had been bonded to my father. "You have the option of rising from the ashes of your past and making your future better. Or you can let your past consume you until there's nothing left of you." I held my gaze steady on the stallion. "In the end it doesn't matter what we want from you. You're the one that has to choose to rise."

"."

Image Credit

@Ampere

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
we jumped, never asking why - by Cathun - 09-27-2015, 01:42 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Ranjiri - 09-28-2015, 11:27 AM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Cathun - 09-28-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Ranjiri - 09-28-2015, 06:24 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Cathun - 09-28-2015, 07:00 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Ampere - 09-28-2015, 07:39 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Ranjiri - 09-28-2015, 08:12 PM