the Rift

Why Should I Care?[Open]

Totem Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Totem
Time waits for no one, so do you wanna waste some time?

Well, isn’t this annoying? Sturdy black pillars plodded through the knee-high drifts, carrying the bay forward. His unusual coloring stood out here against the backdrop of white and gray, but the horned steed honestly couldn’t be bothered to do anything about it. Orange eyes roamed lazily, taking in his surroundings with an astounding indifference. Nothing at all seemed to faze the tall creature, not even the small bird that took off from right under his hooves, unnoticed until that moment due to it’s dull feathers. Totem’s only reaction was a faint snort and the vague thought that perhaps he should pay more attention.

Stupid creatures, driving me out like that. They told me to watch the border, and I watched the blasted border. Just because I wasn’t patrolling it like a moron doesn’t mean I wasn’t doing my job. It was their fault he was out here, those others who seemed to believe laziness was a crime. His laidback personality had caused many to think him unfit to guard his herd, and after a brazen attack in full daylight, the stallion decided he would be safer in a new land. Hopefully with a herd, so he wouldn’t have to work as hard. Activity was so overrated.

Speaking of which, travelling through all this snow was getting tiresome. He found himself a fairly clear space under a large pine, and decided it was time for a break. Plenty of time later to locate someplace to dwell permanently, or at least for Frostfall. Again he thought of a herd, and how much he could slack off if he found one that would accept him into it’s ranks. He’d make himself useful, of course, or useful enough to keep around anyway. Now, however, was not the time for such thoughts. He cocked a rear hoof and simply rested, idling wondering if any of the others he could smell faintly would approach.

Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Messages In This Thread
Why Should I Care?[Open] - by Totem - 10-05-2012, 12:36 AM
RE: Why Should I Care?[Open] - by Lena - 10-07-2012, 09:18 AM
RE: Why Should I Care?[Open] - by Totem - 10-08-2012, 12:34 AM
RE: Why Should I Care?[Open] - by Lena - 10-08-2012, 07:38 AM
RE: Why Should I Care?[Open] - by Totem - 10-08-2012, 09:08 PM
RE: Why Should I Care?[Open] - by Lena - 10-10-2012, 04:14 PM