the Rift

[PRIVATE] Darkness, Forfend!

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

He feels a relief that is momentary but strong enough as his own cape of dark and light flickers over him. Perhaps it is a cure, he can't quite tell. But he has enough of himself left to recognize the mare when she speaks to him. Yes, she is the one he has heard of. The one who wishes to spy along his side.

Manhattan is pleased to see him stand up straighter and pull himself together. Milo is silent, drifting further away, lying down in the grass at a fair distance. He isn't aware of fear, yet, but he knows that his father scares him in some instinctive part and that is enough.

Maybe the trees will consume that child in shadow and with such an act, Knox will not be faulted for forgetting his son even exists.

"Yes, you're the one," Knox murmurs softly as he considers her. She is swathed in shadow, blessed with two wings very unlike those he has stashed in the deep woods, and she is promising. One like her would surely be good at hiding, at watching, at being discrete in general. Still, when he says it there is a glimmer of uncertainty planted. He can't have her thinking she is god's gift, that she is truly as good of a recruit as she might be.

"Give me your name," he commands the mare. Before him she is miniscule--his tone is a threat, his inflection an order. She will give him his name or she will turn and lose everything. There is an implication that with her name he will have her soul, her power. There is something gothic about the question.

There is also, too, some sort of trickery in it. But Knox betrays no emotion as he stands towering before her. He casts a long shadow in a persistent dark and snorts, inhaling black into his lungs even as it starts to crack and flake away.

Knox
ave mortuite salutat
</style>
Credit

@Imonada
@Kaj
@Archibald

So sorry for the wait! I was waiting for someone else to tag but they just told me to go ahead. Knox got cured of GLL in another thread so I'm acting as if it's fading away from his own magic that he used (which is a cure). Go ahead and post, I'm not posting Milo this round.

Messages In This Thread
Darkness, Forfend! - by Knox - 09-29-2015, 06:45 PM
RE: Darkness, Forfend! - by Milo - 09-29-2015, 06:48 PM
RE: Darkness, Forfend! - by Imonada - 09-29-2015, 09:22 PM
RE: Darkness, Forfend! - by Knox - 10-22-2015, 02:22 PM
RE: Darkness, Forfend! - by Imonada - 10-25-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: Darkness, Forfend! - by Archibald - 11-07-2015, 07:45 PM