the Rift

Turning Empty Pages

Eira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Eira
Watch me, I'll Get It Wrong Till I Get It Right... At Least I'm Making Scenes In The Meantime

"Son of a bitch!" I snarled when my neck jerked back as my antlers caught onto a tree branch above, misjudging the distance between my rack and the surrounding vegetation. I may have not been the tallest of mares around, but I suppose my caribou antlers had grown larger than I had anticipated.  With a sharp tug, I freed myself from the tree's grasp and managed to snap off a portion of the branch. Tossing my crown, I effectively flung the branch to the side with a snort. "There had better be some open land soon..." The muttered words were barely audible as I muttered to myself before continuing to weave my way through the trees without any true sense of direction.

For a moment, and for a moment only, I wondered if it would have been better if I had stayed within my old herd and their open plains. My mind flickered back to the familiar faces of my superiors granting me and the other two-year olds the option of leaving, or staying with the clan. I was the only one of the small group that had the balls to march off on my own, the rest of the fillies deciding to follow tradition and stay with the herd.  It's not like anyone would miss me, aside from maybe a sparring partner or two, relationships weren't exactly encouraged within my former clan. And while the sparring, raiding, and pillaging may have been an enjoyable lifestyle for me, I had quickly grown an itch of wanderlust.  Why should I be forced to remain tied to a clan that didn't give a rats ass if I lived or died the next day?

So,  with that in mind, I shunned the last shred of thoughts of my clan from my mind. It was only about the future now, and my muscles were tensed with excitement. Emerald orbs scanned the land around me,  narrowing skeptically while auds flicking to and fro to catch the sounds of anyone that may be approaching. "Whose out there? Show yourself!" The command was barked out, militant in tone and daring. My ebony hoof stomped at the earth, flaxen tail lashing against my spotted flank as I stared impatiently.

"blah blah blah."

Messages In This Thread
Turning Empty Pages - by Eira - 10-01-2015, 01:43 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Ki'irha - 10-01-2015, 02:43 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Eira - 10-01-2015, 10:30 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Ki'irha - 10-01-2015, 11:17 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Dovahkiin - 10-01-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Random Event - 10-02-2015, 12:11 AM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Nuray - 10-02-2015, 06:13 AM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Mortuus Nox - 10-02-2015, 07:29 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Tembovu - 10-04-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Eira - 10-05-2015, 12:34 PM