the Rift

[OPEN] we all have thorns

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

I was all too eager to get out of the Threshold after hearing Resplendence explain why the invasion had happened. Some small part of me wanted to rationalize it because they were scared after the Goddess had committed so many murders, but a bigger part of me just wanted to be upset. For a while I hadn't even thought about the day my dad died. I'd kept myself busy and I'd formed a scab over the wound, but just like that it had been ripped away and I was left hurting again.

I wanted to be angry with my mother, my aunt, Uncle Archi, the Basin ... everyone that helped with the invasion. It was because of them that I didn't have a dad anymore, and I knew that my dad hadn't been a huge part of my life, but I still loved him and they helped take that away from me. And I supposed I could rationalize that it hadn't been them that directly killed him, but they had caused it. If they hadn't planned an invasion, if they hadn't stolen him and made it so he had to try to escape to protect his herd he wouldn't have died. I wouldn't have been there to see when it happened and watch him struggle to breathe until he finally stopped.

I sighed and glanced over at Dragomir and it hit me then that I probably hadn't been the best company since we left the Threshold. I had only really spoken to him once just to tell him that it was a far walk to the Dragon's Throat and that he didn't have to go with me, but he was still there. I was grateful for that and the steady rain that lasted through most of the journey. The closer we got to the Throat, though, the more it lessened until the rain had completely stopped.

"There's not a bridge to get into the Throat anymore." I said, because I could hear the waves crashing on the beach and I knew that Drago wouldn't be able to go much farther without wings or a key. "Gaucho blew it up..." I hadn't been there for it, but I'd heard enough talk to know what had happened. "You have to have a key to get in because there's this ... magic bridge thing..." I wondered, briefly, what Megaera and Gaucho would say if I made Drago a key and gave it to him so he could visit me whenever he wanted, but then I pushed the thought away. I couldn't imagine they'd be happy if I gave away a key to someone they didn't know. It wouldn't matter to them if Dragomir was one of my friends.

"."

ooc://
they're not on the Heart side, outside of the Throat.

Image Credit

@Dragomir

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
we all have thorns - by Ranjiri - 10-02-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: we all have thorns - by Dragomir - 10-02-2015, 12:39 PM
RE: we all have thorns - by Ranjiri - 10-02-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: we all have thorns - by Dragomir - 10-02-2015, 02:33 PM
RE: we all have thorns - by Ranjiri - 10-03-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: we all have thorns - by Dragomir - 10-06-2015, 10:55 AM
RE: we all have thorns - by Ranjiri - 10-15-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: we all have thorns - by Dragomir - 10-27-2015, 07:55 AM