the Rift

[OPEN] we all have thorns

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

I was glad that Dragomir didn't ask me about my brother or my dad as we walked back toward the Throat. I tried to keep my expression neutral so it wouldn't look as sad as I felt, but it wasn't something I was good at. Momma always told me that I wore my thoughts and feelings on my face and she would joke and tell me that I would never make a good thief like my aunt. Anyways, the silence was nice. There were too many times that someone had tried to comfort me by telling me that it would be okay, that it would start to hurt less with time, blah blah blah. Drago's silent company, somehow, was better than all the words anyone had spewed at me.

But the silence had to be broken when we finally reached the ocean and I explained only a little bit about the bridge and Gaucho when Drago finally did speak to ask if he would mind if he was there. "Gaucho?" I asked and I shrugged. "Hard to say, but it doesn't matter." Because Dragomir was my friend and if Gaucho showed up and was mean to him I would just have to stand up to him and worry about consequences later. "I don't think he would as long as you don't start any trouble. And where we're standing isn't part of the Throat." Megaera and Ampere were different stories altogether because I didn't know them like I knew Gaucho. I hadn't been through as many trials and heartaches with them as I had the Sultan.

"How does it work?"

"I'm not really sure..." I admitted because I'd only used the bridge a few times, but I'd been so distracted by something else to really take notice of how the bridge worked. "But you have to have a key to activate the bridge ... its some kind of magic." I stepped into the ocean water and looked at the island in the distance that was my home. As much as I loved the Throat I found that, sometimes, it could be a bit suffocating. My friends that didn't have wings had no way to get across to visit me. It was so isolated. "I can make the keys." I said and I finally looked away from the island and back to my friend. "I can craft metal." I wonder if he'd be proud of me for being able to craft like he had. "I could ... see about getting you a key." I offered. "That way you can come and visit me whenever you want."

"."

Image Credit

@Dragomir

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
we all have thorns - by Ranjiri - 10-02-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: we all have thorns - by Dragomir - 10-02-2015, 12:39 PM
RE: we all have thorns - by Ranjiri - 10-02-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: we all have thorns - by Dragomir - 10-02-2015, 02:33 PM
RE: we all have thorns - by Ranjiri - 10-03-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: we all have thorns - by Dragomir - 10-06-2015, 10:55 AM
RE: we all have thorns - by Ranjiri - 10-15-2015, 03:22 PM