the Rift

[OPEN] we all have thorns

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
That she does not know what to make for herself is a testament to just how good of a person Ranjiri is – and Dragomir takes note of it with a smile, one that lightens his blue eyes into shining as he looks over at his friend, actually making a tenuous contact with her red gaze (as he does so few in this world). That contact relights from where it had wandered as she suggests making something for himself – his thick neck lifts his head in surprise, though his smile remains.

What a suggestion! He thinks, by far the least selfless of the pair standing on the rim of the sea (not to say he isn’t, sometimes, willing to sacrifice himself to whatever cause is needed). He ponders some sort of figurine shaped as a dragon before his eyes fall upon the red beads knotted loosely in her mane, and the grin that had faltered in his pondering returns to his face in full bloom.

"A full circle, then," he says, deep voice rich with memory, "the same which I made you."

He is not sure if she can recreate red with her metals, the closest shade to it he has ever seen being copper – but copper is more the color of the middle flame, or the sun, rather than the bright crimson of the rubies he had used to color his creation for her. And, so, he elaborates, drawing inspiration, again, from her.

"Perhaps gold?" asks the gentle stag, thinking of how very often he’d think of her with such a metal singing into his ears, as she had said she’d thought of him, whenever his gifts jangled together in absent passing.

Whatever smiles were born of Ranjiri’s new talents are lost on the memory that his home here in Helovia is no more.

The rain does not come.

You could stay here with me, she half laughs, making him shift his hooves about in the sand aimlessly as he looks across the blue water and into the realm beyond. A desert, he thinks, having never seen such a thing (unless one counted the red region which wreathed the Heart Caverns), his mind dreaming of a thousand sights that, likely, were not within at all. What he does know is that there are likely no or few trees, that places for a man like himself to hide were probably few and far between – and, while it maybe wouldn’t be a bad thing, the stallion cannot help but balk at the notion of having to be ever present.

Still, Ranjiri would be there, and, surely somewhere that she called home was also home to others who were full of the same light which he had come to love; that same warmth which shone and radiated from her even now, as she consoled a man who, as he was concerned, deserved the attention far less than she. Ranjiri was wounded, family bereaved, her body etched with sickness, and her heart lined with sorrow. He had fled away from all she had suffered, and yet, she endlessly tends to his sadness with the gentleness of a saint.

Perhaps, he thinks, she hides from her own pain behind my own.

He’d done that before, too, hadn’t he?

It doesn’t matter, gently answers Ranjiri, winning his gaze back from where it had absently drifted out to the Throat, the sea, his hooves. His blue eyes waver to and fro as he searches her face for the meaning in all she has said, as he finds very little in comparison to the measure of ease it has given him. The tight knot that had clenched into his chest as he thought of all that was now gone forever was now a dull ache, because, as she had said – he was here now.

Dwelling on what had already come to pass, and which was unchangeable, was futile. If Kahlua and the rest of his friends were still in Helovia, he could find them now - and if they weren’t, he would be here, waiting for them, as Ranjiri and Resplendence had been for him.

"How are you always so right?" he manages with a chuckle, a long silence having grown between her words and his own in which his face has conveyed every emotion to pass through his oversized heart like images on a supersized screen; his tail swishes behind him, blue eyes glancing out to the Throat one last time before he looks again to her, "you must make more stubborn men furious."

"Maybe I will stay," he says with a smile that is quick and easy in comparison to the emotionally dulled ones of prior, though he still feels some shallow ache within his heart that he has lost much of what he loves forever during his aimless wandering, "for a while, at least."

[ OOC: *flails* I STINKKKK aha basically I didn't realize you had replied to this or did and forgot. One or the other I still made 239549857485 replies I should have done *after* this one. D: But it is here now ~ ]
@Ranjiri
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Messages In This Thread
we all have thorns - by Ranjiri - 10-02-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: we all have thorns - by Dragomir - 10-02-2015, 12:39 PM
RE: we all have thorns - by Ranjiri - 10-02-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: we all have thorns - by Dragomir - 10-02-2015, 02:33 PM
RE: we all have thorns - by Ranjiri - 10-03-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: we all have thorns - by Dragomir - 10-06-2015, 10:55 AM
RE: we all have thorns - by Ranjiri - 10-15-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: we all have thorns - by Dragomir - 10-27-2015, 07:55 AM