the Rift

[PRIVATE] for in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
OH, MY EYES ARE SEEING RED
DOUBLE VISION FROM THE BLOOD WE'VE SHED

Ah, yes, companion envy. He knows that feeling very well. Now he has his dragon, he cannot imagine coveting something ever again, but he knows he will. He's just greedy like that. "Perhaps one day you'll get one." Fuck knows why he's trying to reassure her, because he doesn't give a hairy rat's ass whether she gets a companion or not, but the words just slip away from his tongue like slime from a leaf. "Vol-ter going soft," comes the red's sing-song voice, and the stallion's ears flatten in irritation. The dragon simply continues to preen beneath the girl's gaze, expanding and cleaning each leathery wing. "Not a dragon, though, unless you have equine blood." And, given her wings and horn, that seems unlikely. She'll have to settle for a far inferior companion, like Mongrel.

Her description of a shape-shifting creature does sound intriguing, though. He racks his brains as to what it could possibly be, but his encyclopedic memory only refers to dragon facts. A creature who can turn from a many-headed dog to a deer...could it perhaps turn into a dragon, too? The behemoth knows not. "I have never heard of anything like that before. Companions cannot usually switch between forms - it must be a rare and unusual sort of creature." He looks towards Vérzés. I bet you transform into a fluffy little bunny, don't you? At least, you're acting like one. His mental banter is a sharp arrow into the ruby blood-dragon's mind, but Vérzés studiously ignores him and continues to display every inch of his magnificent, glistening anatomy.

He's quiet for a moment. Jesus, why he is even still here, trying to make conversation with a kid? But it's not like he has anything better to do. Unless the heady aroma of a mare wanders past for him to pursue, he's better off occupying his mind for as long as possible here, because talking with this filly has meant he hasn't thought about his ten-tonne balls for approximately four and a half minutes. That's a damn record for him. It's far healthier than attacking inanimate objects or trying to work out how the hell Ode had managed to relieve himself, so he could copy. "When I got you out of the water before, you felt like a chunk of ice to the touch. You dead inside or something?" He turns his grumpy gaze on her, finally deciding that yes, talking with her is far preferable to wandering around, alone and horny as hell. At least she is occupying his mind for a precious few minutes.

image credits

@Erthë

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: for in that sleep of death what dreams may come - by Volterra - 10-10-2015, 06:13 PM