the Rift

[PRIVATE] Guess I won't be coming to church on Sunday

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

erthë
you're so cold but you feel alive

Shifting her weight between the dainty feet the child frowned, disliking what she heard about the gods. Her God.

"I don't have any secrets" she said, the gaze straightforward and innocent as she looked back at Evangeline. "I have boring things and awful things and things I prefer not to talk about, but nothing so bad that I wouldn't stand it if others heard about them."

She couldn't think of anything that would be so horribly bad for others to know that she wouldn't tell if they asked. What did secrets even have to do with history? It wasn't like she was trying to uncover anything bad, she just wanted to know why things were the way they were today.

"Isn't that an awfully dangerous mindset?" she said, as Evangeline continued. "You're living here and now, aren't you? And the gods live here and now, and the things they are doing don't exactly seem peaceful to me. I wonder how long you are going to be left alone if you close your eyes and don't try to see..."

But it wasn't really any of her business how the fire-colored mare chose to live. Mother would say so, and so the child accepted the difference with a shrug even though she didn't agree. In the end she felt only mild disappointment at this serious lack of interest in the world - she had not even truly begun to hope, so the drop from high to low was hardly worth noting.

Still. The way the equine had phrased herself suggested that she wasn't completely ignorant, and anything was better than nothing at this point.  

"What have you experienced?" the girl asked, childish interest bleeding through the premature wisdom at the prospect of getting to hear stories. "Could you tell me, please? I'm Erthë, and I really want to know about the gods and the herds and Helovia and everything!"

Tucking up the wings more properly she stood aside to make room by the wall in case the lady wanted to join her there, the way she smiled both eager and expectant. Maybe it wouldn't be a hopeless task at all, to learn more. The clue might lie in people's personal stories, rather than any collected recollections.

image credit

@Evangeline
@Random Event - GLL

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guess I won't be coming to church on Sunday - by Erthë - 10-04-2015, 02:34 PM