the Rift

[OPEN] Let's Get This Over With [Moon God - SWP]

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky
That may be true, but I don't understand what was gained from her death, from anyones The Goddess shrugged. "That doesn't concern me. I do not try to constrain my actions to things that the small and impatient minds of mortals can comprehend."

The Goddess listened with a dwindling patience as the child continued to speak. When finally she was done, the Goddess merely shook her head once, in a decisive no. "Having lungs and a stomach lining do not separate me from the mountains. We are, all of us, merely different arrangements of the same matter. A boulder rolls down a hill because the winds pushed it, because the path was clear, and because it was placed in such a way that made it possible to roll. I am no different - there were and are circumstances that push all of our lives. We merely have an emotional and intellectual response to our surroundings, whereas boulders simply break apart. And -" She continued with a wicked laugh -"I have seen many mountains, and other inanimate objects worshipped. "

"Yes you are young" She interrupted scoldingly. "That you don't remember a time without peace doesn't matter. Your life will be over in an instant compared to mine - compared to the earth. Do you spend your days worrying about whether your best laid plans will kill a few ants? When you hurry to save a loved one who falls, do you give a second thought to the grasses and insects who are trampled beneath your hooves. No you don't. Perspective young one, is afforded to those tall enough to see it. And I stand a great deal taller than you do, when it comes to time."

As the child grew (understandably) upset, the Goddess leaned backwards on a hip with a whispery sigh. "The ones whose death had the greatest utility." She replied simply. "When trying to skip a rock far across a pond, one picks the flattest and best weighted stones. Those who were taken, where the flattest and best weighted of your world."

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's Get This Over With [Moon God - SWP] - by God of the Moon - 10-14-2015, 01:47 PM