[OPEN] a bleak and bitter sun
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
“Are ve zere yet?”

Aside from the sounds of their travel—hoof beats thudding down irregularly, whimpers and moans, labored breathing—it was the first sound any of them made in a long, long time. The fragility of their silence was shattered there on the doorstep of the forest. Somewhere, deep beyond the gently sloping treeline, lay the white cliffs. "Soon," he had answered. Who had known how efficient a fuel guilt was.

But oddly enough, his own sores hadn't come back—they remained a badlands of healing crusts and scabs. Dry, unlike the weeping mess upon Areli.

He didn't really know what to make of it. Had Nyx's little shock just been a bizarre coincidence, or had it healed him? Was he infecting others, despite them not returning to him?

Questions without answers, and it seemed unlikely any of the Gods would bother to answer him if he asked. 'Oh, you know, we thought you needed a challenge, so we said, hey, why not let them get sick and figure out what to do about it on their own!' Like, what the actual fuck.

But he had already spent so long being angry about it that it was barely more than a shiver in his soul—not even a spark.

Galiel and Areli were mumbling about something, but his black-rimmed ears paid them little heed. Obviously, they didn't want him to hear, and much as he wanted to know what they were saying, he didn't want to pry. Leaning down with one ear cocked was a bit too obvious, so instead, he focused on the forest and the fog as he kept walking.. walking.. walking...

And finally, there in the pale sunlight, was Nyx. Bleak yellow struck the silver curves of her body, and drowned in the dim darkness of her hair. Nothing, except perhaps a lingering scent he was too unfocused to discern and recognize, told the tale of her little evening jaunt the night before, and so, it passed under his radar.

"Nyx," he greeted her, her name a sigh of relief. "What's going on?" she questioned, and rightly so. He fought the urge to say she was promoted to babysitter—it hardly felt like the time to joke around.

Because he had brought this down on them.

"This is Galiel, and Areli," he began, motioning to each in turn. "Areli, eeeerrhhh.. caught a spot of misfortune in coming too close to me. You know when you walked into me a couple of nights ago? With your shield? Believe it or not but this shit started healing up after that, but apparently I'm still contagious. I thought.. maybe you could do the same to her?" There was a faint note of pleading in his voice, in his eyes, those guilt-ridden seas of blue—because he had caused this, he had to fix it, and Nyx was his only hope in making this journey worth all of Areli's tears.

No pressure.

[ @Nyx @Galiel @Areli ]
man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
a bleak and bitter sun - by Mauja - 10-06-2015, 06:44 AM
RE: a bleak and bitter sun - by Nyx - 10-06-2015, 02:14 PM
RE: a bleak and bitter sun - by Galiel - 10-07-2015, 10:29 PM
RE: a bleak and bitter sun - by Areli - 10-12-2015, 12:34 AM
RE: a bleak and bitter sun - by Mauja - 10-12-2015, 12:03 PM
RE: a bleak and bitter sun - by Nyx - 10-12-2015, 02:05 PM
RE: a bleak and bitter sun - by Galiel - 10-14-2015, 10:07 PM