the Rift

[OPEN] a bleak and bitter sun

Galiel Posts: 22
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 1
Giaerie

It…it just kept staring at me. The bloody monster kept staring…at me. Why? Why me? Why?! If it were possible for my eyes to widen anymore they would have, but alas it was not possible. The blood. All of the blood. It was everywhere. Everywhere. Flashes of memories from the Celestial Wood littered my sight. Memories of me finding the entire herd murdered and dead. Hot salty tears stung my eyes as Nyx spoke to me – calling me squirt. Magic is real she says. I’m in Helovia she says. Anything is possible she says. No harm will come to me she says.

But she was wrong.

Falling into a daze, I miss the words that the spotted stallion and Nyx say about the beast. I miss their actions between each other. I just keep falling into this dark pit, trying to grab hold onto the sides somehow but never grabbing hold anywhere. I just keep falling deeper into the hole.

Then Areli begins to move and it’s as if I’ve found a little ledge to stand upon. My icy blues dart towards her as she tries to sidestep away from Nyx and her lightning magic. Yes, away from it. Surely there was some other way, some safer way to heal the sickness she had.

And then she falls. Straight into Nyx and her lightning magic.

A scream pierces the air like a bullet, though I didn’t realize it was me screaming the word no. All I realized was that Areli, my…friend, pretty much just fell to what could have been her death. And that ledge that I had sought purchase on within my hole…well I was just thrown off of it. Once again I found myself falling deeper into the dark depths of the hole. Never to return.

Or so I thought.

Tears streamed down my face as I just stared at the ground. Ears twitched at the sound or someone approaching me and my mind began to yell at me. Run it said. Run. But I couldn’t. My legs wouldn’t move, my body wouldn’t even listen. RUN! Muscles spasmed within my legs as they began to register what my mind was trying to tell them, but it was already too late. Despite wanting to run away, I guess my body had just had handled too much to do so.

‘It’s okay.’ His voice rings out to me within my descent into darkness. Before I knew it he was telling me not to be afraid and that no one would hurt me here. Then he touched my forehead and blew air.

It was like a switch had flipped inside me. Instead of falling, I started rising but at the same time something started growing within me. Something that I never realized I had until now: courage.

“No!” I yell through my tears at the stallion while I pull away from him and then proceed to try to hit him repeatedly with my head as if I had a horn like he did, “No, no, no, no, no, no! Nuzing is okay! Nuzing!” My tears fall faster now but they burn with anger this time rather than fear, “You say you help us. You say you tell us everyzing ve needed to know!” I’m yelling at him and trying to hit him at the same time, but then my body decides it has had enough. Out of exhaustion, my legs collapse beneath me and I fall to the ground in a sobbing heap.

“But you haven’t even told us your name yet,” my voice softens as I devolve from anger to sadness. Surrendering to the fact that even though I was finally trying to stick up for something, there was nothing more that I could do beyond speak, so I let loose.

“You killed zem didn’t you?!” I asked him through my tears without even looking at him, “Muzzer. Fazzer. Bruzzer. Ze whole herd!” I paused between listing each of my deceased family members. Sobs racked through my body as I thought about them. All of them.

And now he had me.

Despite not wanting to look at him, I did. I looked up at the spotted stallion with puffy blue eyes and tear stained cheeks as I could only ask him more thing, “Vhy?” I muttered, “Vhy you do zis? Vhy!?” I’m almost yelling my last word but I was growing too tired to even do that. But it didn’t matter anymore, if he really did kill my family, my herd…everyone I ever knew and loved, I was surely the next to go.

So much for a long life of happiness like I had dreamed of so very long ago. Hello torturous agony and death.

"speech"
notes:: omg i'm crying...

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

@Areli
@Mauja
@Nyx

Messages In This Thread
a bleak and bitter sun - by Mauja - 10-06-2015, 06:44 AM
RE: a bleak and bitter sun - by Nyx - 10-06-2015, 02:14 PM
RE: a bleak and bitter sun - by Galiel - 10-07-2015, 10:29 PM
RE: a bleak and bitter sun - by Areli - 10-12-2015, 12:34 AM
RE: a bleak and bitter sun - by Mauja - 10-12-2015, 12:03 PM