the Rift

within their depths ; open
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Even the sound of her voice was a grating whine against the thread of vengeance throbbing in her chest, and she clenched her jaw to maintain her stony features. Was it that sweet voice that had called in Torleik? Earned his trust? Was it the way she shied away as if she could hide beneath her own skin? Ophelia’s spine stiffened, standing proudly without haughtiness as she embraced who she was, flaws, compassion and violence. The pale princess watched from the corner of her eye as she seemed to gain some measure of confidence, giving away her rank and inviting him to join the Falls. Did she realize that it was because of her that the Falls were open to her residence? Did she not know that it was by Ophelia’s cunning that Archibald now stood at the helm of their humid forest?

Most likely not. Though she pushed at the roots of most social tension, she was a ghost – like the player of a chest game, not a piece. The black bird spoke, and she tilted an ear her way, strange, dual colored gaze sliding to this raven stranger. “Hello,” she returned, speaking with a slightly softer tone. Ophelia then turned her attention back to the male flanked by many females, but she was already spoken for –and her loyalty was an undying flame. Still, she could admire him for what she could see – intelligence, quiet and handsome. Though, she could not say for certain if he would be best as a warrior or perhaps one of her own rank – a quiet ear in the shadows or a subtle word whispered in a helpless ear.

A smile worked over her lips, pulled slowly by his true but purposeful words. “Not quite, though it might seem so. I am quick to offer a stranger a home because there was many years ago I came here as a child and was met by silence. Helovia can be a vast and dangerous land, but not if you are guided by those who know the way,” she said clearly, succinctly. But, her voice did hold a tone of gentleness. Honestly, she was surprised he had chosen her to follow, but this did not show on her face except for a few blinks of her pale lashes. Ophelia nodded once, twice and then turned to the black, winged one who offered her a polite gesture. She returned it before settling her gaze on Morenth.

“Come, this way,” she said, walking with him due West. “Helovia is a land of four gods, known to us. They speak, walk among us, and provide help or hindrance depending on your view of them. Each is the vanguard of elements of magic. The Sun God controls fire and light, The Moon Goddess controls darkness and wind. The Spark God controls static and time, and the Earth God controls earth and water. The World’s Edge is a herd under the jurisdiction of the Moon Goddess, though our leaders are Mauja and Torleik. I am…” she trailed, frowning slightly, though her eyes almost smiled. “I am a spy. I seek knowledge and truth, and with that, power for our herd and those I love.” There was an undercurrent of coldness, for that power did not extend to those she did not hold dear.

“Our Gods have currently opened up a kind of Rift to another world and have been fighting gods of destruction in new places. You are welcome to follow me if you wish to fight in these battles. Otherwise, the world is your oyster, so to speak. Explore as you will. The World’s Edge will accept you for as long as you call it home.” Ophelia fell silent then after her brief history about this land. She was sure that he had questions, but she was also sure that he had quite a bit to stomach. Not bothered by the quiet, she moved ever forward, cloven hooves taking sure and steady steps across the vast and changing landscape that was Helovia.

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

@Morenth :D
I am going to change your rank, but if you want to, we can continue this in the World's Edge!

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
within their depths ; open - by Morenth - 10-07-2015, 06:37 PM
RE: within their depths ; open - by Brisa - 10-07-2015, 08:36 PM
RE: within their depths ; open - by Morenth - 10-08-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: within their depths ; open - by Imonada - 10-08-2015, 10:12 AM
RE: within their depths ; open - by Ophelia - 10-08-2015, 11:04 AM
RE: within their depths ; open - by Brisa - 10-08-2015, 03:44 PM
RE: within their depths ; open - by Morenth - 10-10-2015, 03:41 AM
RE: within their depths ; open - by Morenth - 10-12-2015, 04:48 AM
RE: within their depths ; open - by Imonada - 10-10-2015, 05:04 AM
RE: within their depths ; open - by Ophelia - 10-10-2015, 02:48 PM