Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h ë
"And now I wish to God that The earth would turn cold
And my heart would forget it's made of glass"

"Mama? Hey, mama? Wake up... hey, wake up!"  

The child's attempts at rousing the dark mare grew more and more frantic. The pain as her pleas were met with no response went beyond went beyond words. It was a gaping void that opened in her chest, an all consuming black hole that swallowed everything. The heat of the sun that beat against her skin, the murmur of voices around her, crying birds that flew past high up in the sky... They were all pointless compared to the silence of the shadow, the blackbird, the warm shade. Blood kept leaking from the deep puncture marks in her chest but it no longer gushed forth in pulsating streams, had stilled into a gentle trickle that spread the crimson pool wider around them.

Erthë stared numbly at it, refusing to believe it. No. The god was dead but her mother couldn't be. How could she be? They still hadn't practiced gliding on the Thistel Meadow, like she'd promised. They hadn't visited uncle Badger at the Dragon's Throat either, and how was she supposed to know where to go when the heat grew intense if mother wasn't there to show her the good spots?

She looked at the horn that had rolled out from its hiding place beneath a black wing. It was gnarled and stick-like, short and twisted and ugly, and the child resented it for no particular reason. A brother... she had a brother. He was.. where? How was she supposed to find him, and this Psyche. The names were strange to her, their faces unknown, whereabouts unknown. It was an impossible task. How could Shadow expect her to accomplish that, or untie the lockets from her tangled raven hair; the two amber stones and the glowing acorn, all things she had rattled around with playfully as they settled in to sleep.

The pretty, ivory bow that lay not far away was only spared a fleeting glance; it was unimportant, unrelated. Were she to take that too? Okay. Mother told her to, so she would.

"Mama... please wake up now..?" she pleaded, as tears streamed endlessly from unblinking eyes.

"And all the pretty tulips would disappear
And never disturb me again"

@Miykael - maybe heal Erthë here? :3

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
RE: You came to me on a winters day [Death] - by Erthë - 10-07-2015, 09:57 PM