the Rift

[OPEN] You came to me on a winters day [Death]

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
He reassured their minds by his serenity.
His countenance, wherein his soul was visible,
expressed contempt for danger.

The falling of the beast and the subsequent actions of the Sun God signal the end of the battle. Signaling what should have been the end of the chaos. The cacophony of sounds die down, growing quieter with softer conversations splitting off to their own little groups. All except one. His blue eyes quickly pinpoint the source of the panicked screams and his heart sinks at the scene unfolding before them all. As much as he longed to turn and seek out Naerys first and make sure the girl is okay, his eyes are permanently locked onto the filly and the dark mare beside her. He sees the blood rapidly pooling beneath the dark mare and a numbness floods through him - muffling the disease, softening the pain that had been throbbing in his skull, and dulling the ache from the burn on his croup.

Without even thinking, he steps forward; his long limbs bringing him sluggishly towards the small filly as the life drains from her mother. He's too numb to cry, too numb to notice the crowd that has already begun to gather. But he moves forward anyway, slipping through the bodies he doesn't really see. For several moments he simply stands, his blue gaze watching the small girl. The healer hears their words, and yet they don't fully register - not enough to consider a reply. Wordlessly, he reaches for her - a gentle, tender touch of his black stained lips to her shoulder. Without hesitation, he pulls forth his light and focuses it on the small girl's chest. That small light grows, expanding with a soothing warmth to fill her chest and lungs.

For a moment, he wonders if he could take away her pain along with this disgusting disease. But as soon as the blackness is gone, he lets the light fade. No magic could heal a broken heart. Even he knew that. Just as no magic that he could ever possess could ever bring her mother back. The realization hurt but nothing hurt as much as seeing the tears flowing from her soft eyes. "I'm so, so sorry." he murmurs. His voice is soft, strained from the unshed tears, and barely above a whisper. His words are meant for her and her alone. With his large, angelic wings folded loosely at his sides, he turns and slips away just as quietly as he'd come.

There is no reason for him to stay. No reason to linger.
He's done all he can do, but as he walks away he can feel his heart crumbling beneath the weight of it all.

M I Y K A E L
HEALER OF THE HIDDEN FALLS

Image Credit

[Awful post. So sorry but at least it's here. <3]
@Erthë
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
RE: You came to me on a winters day [Death] - by Miykael - 10-10-2015, 11:40 PM