[OPEN] Monday left me broken

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali
 Vadim

hello teacher tell me whats my lesson

look right through me
                                                                     look right through me

Vadim is not inside the cave when Erthë arrives and calls for him. Vlasi has been restless and eager to stretch her legs, to run, to fly, to be free as they had been before Shadow gave birth to his daughter and confined them to a cave. The rougarou does not have any ill feelings toward the dark mare nor the child, she simply misses her freedom. Vadim roams behind the shapeshifter as she runs, her clawed paws digging into the mud left behind by the melting snow. Had she awakened earlier she would be with Erthë and Shadow, she would have fought to protect the child and the blackbird, she would have already alerted Vadim to the death of his child's mother. But the two are unaware, for the moment they are content, comfortable, and occasionally wonder when the child and her mother will return to them.

Gradually the pair make their way back to the outskirts of the Basin, to the small cave that their small patchwork family shares. Vlasi's keen eyes spot the child first and she bolts forward, leaving Vadim to trail behind her. As the rougarou gets closer she slows until she finally stops and she stares at the battered child, her mind whirring a thousand miles an hour. 'Kid hurt again.' She says through her bond. 'No Shadow.'

"Erthë?" Vadim says when his child is finally within earshot. His eyes trail over her tiny body, over the cuts and scrapes, the blood that coats her like a second skin and he feels a knot forming in his throat. If Erthë was this badly injured how bad off is Shadow? Where is Shadow? Then his eyes catch on all of the trinkets that his child is carrying, trinkets that belonged to his mother and he knows what has happened without having to ask.

Shadow was gone.

His ears fall back against his head and he frowns, a mixture of grief and anger bubble in his chest because she promised him that she wouldn't leave. She promised and she still left, gone to a place where there was no coming back. He does not ask his child where her mother is because he does not want to force her to say what he already knows. Instead he walks to her, he lowers his head, and he pulls her against him and he holds her there. "You'll be okay." He whispers. I'm here and I won't leave you. I promise.

"."

Credits

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
Monday left me broken - by Erthë - 10-07-2015, 11:42 PM
RE: Monday left me broken - by Vadim - 10-08-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: Monday left me broken - by Erthë - 10-08-2015, 02:14 PM
RE: Monday left me broken - by Vadim - 10-08-2015, 02:47 PM
RE: Monday left me broken - by Erthë - 10-08-2015, 06:00 PM