[OPEN] Monday left me broken

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h ë
"And now I wish to God that The earth would turn cold
And my heart would forget it's made of glass"

The cave was empty. With her heart sinking in the chest like a stone through water, dragging strength and courage with it, she shed the burdens on the ground. With a feeling of not really being there the girl looked about the barren shelter, vaguely surprised that it looked so small. She must grown a bit since last time she was there. Of course, then they had all crammed inside it as the cold spring rains turned the ground outside to mud, dozing and resting in the warm comfort of being together.

So many things that would never happen again. So many words left unsaid, deeds left undone. How could the absence of such a small, quiet mare leave such a big hole? The loss was too great - how would she ever be able to go on, alone?

A rattle of pebbles and shifting grass made her turn, slowly, to see Vlasi's familiar figure come racing towards her. Sorrow clenched tightly around her heart at the sight of her, and of the tall, pale stallion that followed behind.

They slowed then, and the cerberus stopped. Their eyes upon her felt heavy, hot and uncomfortable. Her father's expression changed, at it was like a knife twisting within her heart. Relief of not having to explain, pain over causing him such grief, guilt and sorrow and the foul taste of words that needed to be said, the message she had to deliver.

She opened her mouth to say it. Once, twice. But the words wouldn't leave her throat, and before she could try again he was there, warm and strong and steady as a rock. Like a ragdoll she leaned into his embrace, limp and weak and so exhausted. Burying her face into his chest Erthë cried, like she had never cried before in her life.

"Daddy... I'm sorry! So sorry... it was my... my fault! If I hadn't... if.. "

If only she had followed their usual code. 'If something happens, run.'

But she hadn't. And now her mother was dead.

"And all the pretty tulips would disappear
And never disturb me again"

@Vadim

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Monday left me broken - by Erthë - 10-07-2015, 11:42 PM
RE: Monday left me broken - by Vadim - 10-08-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: Monday left me broken - by Erthë - 10-08-2015, 02:14 PM
RE: Monday left me broken - by Vadim - 10-08-2015, 02:47 PM
RE: Monday left me broken - by Erthë - 10-08-2015, 06:00 PM