[OPEN] Monday left me broken

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali
 Vadim

hello teacher tell me whats my lesson

look right through me
                                                                     look right through me

"She promised." He keeps thinking. "She said I would know when she wanted to leave. But I didn't know. I didn't know!" There is a part of Vadim that doesn't want to believe what he already knows has come to pass. He thinks that if he keep Erthë from telling him that her mother was dead that it would mean it wasn't true. He thinks if the words aren't spoken that there is a chance she will come back. It is silly and it is childish but he wants to cling to the mare that has stuck with him for far longer than anyone else in his life. He wonders what he is supposed to do, especially with Erthë because he is still new at being a father. Shadow had been the one with the knowledge, the one who'd had a child before. She was teaching him, showing him what it was to be a parent and now she is gone and he has to do it all by himself.

"I should have been there." He thinks. "It should have been me. I should be the one lying there, I should be the one lifeless, not Shadow. Not Shadow." Vlasi whines as he thinks this and he can feel the wetness of his daughter's tears against his chest. "How am I going to do this?" He wonders as he clutches his child close. "... I don't know ..." He doesn't know where to start, doesn't know how he should address Erthë's emotional state, doesn't know how much she has seen, or where Shadow's body lies. He wants to ask but he doesn't want to put his daughter through the heartache of having to tell him or the heartache of staying in the cave that smells of her mother.

He decides at that moment that they need to leave the Basin behind. They need to move on together, restart their lives anew...

"Daddy... I'm sorry! So sorry... it was my... my fault! If I hadn't... if.. "

"Shhhh..." Vadim tries to soothe his daughter. "Its not your fault." He says even though he doesn't know what has happened, all he knows is that Erthë would never do anything to purposely hurt her mother. "Did... did she say anything?" He cannot help but ask and he hates himself because he knows he is hurting his daughter by asking.

"."

Credits

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
Monday left me broken - by Erthë - 10-07-2015, 11:42 PM
RE: Monday left me broken - by Vadim - 10-08-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: Monday left me broken - by Erthë - 10-08-2015, 02:14 PM
RE: Monday left me broken - by Vadim - 10-08-2015, 02:47 PM
RE: Monday left me broken - by Erthë - 10-08-2015, 06:00 PM