[OPEN] Monday left me broken

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h ë
"And now I wish to God that The earth would turn cold
And my heart would forget it's made of glass"

In the end, it was that question that saved her. The need to speak about what happened overruled the fear that words would make it true, and by posing that difficult, heart-rendering question her own pain was forced back in favor of her father's. How confused must he not be, how sad and lost - just like her. But whom could he go to for comfort, now that his shoulder to cry on was no longer with them?

So she started from the beginning, and told him everything. Expanding on the previous encounters with the gods, on the subsequent appearances of new lands, new monsters, recurring battles up until the announcement from the flaming God that the shimmering, new land was safe and protected.

"... and when I told Mom about it she said that I should go there and play because she had somewhere she had to go. So I went, and after a while I saw fires begin to rain from the sky."

Her tears slowly ceased to fall as she spoke. Slowly she calmed, but the sorrow remained like a shard of ice chafing against her heart. A slow, throbbing pain had begun to gnaw behind her eyes, but she thought nothing of it; she just kept talking, eager to get it all out before the details were lost to time.

"I knew... " she continued, voice sinking into a whisper as the guilt threatened to overpower her. "Knew it was another fight. I should have turned and left, I should have... but I had been able to help them before, and I thought that I could keep out of reach again, like before. But the monster was so big... It knocked me over, and then... and then..."

Feeling her voice break the filly closed her eyes and pressed herself closer to Vadim, in desperate need of his warmth, a proof that he was actually there. Only able to keep him cold in turn, the exchange was probably uneven and less than fair - but what child could ever tell what comforts a parent got from their mere presence.

"Sh-she said...to tell you, daddy. 'I'm sorry. Goodbye."

It seemed there were still pieces of her heart left to shatter. Another stabbing pain of grief brought on a desire to curl in on herself, convulse in pace with each strained beat.

How would they possibly get over this? Such pain, such wounds... did they ever fully heal?

"And all the pretty tulips would disappear
And never disturb me again"

@Vadim

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Monday left me broken - by Erthë - 10-07-2015, 11:42 PM
RE: Monday left me broken - by Vadim - 10-08-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: Monday left me broken - by Erthë - 10-08-2015, 02:14 PM
RE: Monday left me broken - by Vadim - 10-08-2015, 02:47 PM
RE: Monday left me broken - by Erthë - 10-08-2015, 06:00 PM