the Rift

[OPEN] Hurts Like Heaven

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
Persephone
I moved, eventually. When the crowd started to move I did as well, not wanting to get in the way of any of them when they dispersed. No, I wanted to get in their way - I wanted one or all of them to notice me, to care for me, because now I was lost. I had followed Evaneska into this strange new world and I had no idea what to do next. It wasn’t likely that I could ever go back, there was nothing for me there even if I did. I had ran, and running led me here.

Should I continue to run? This world was beautiful, whatever it was (this ‘Helovia’) but I had seen danger as well. A dangerous world composed of beautiful Gods and terrifying warriors.

Everyone had banded together to battle the creature. Was Helovia filled with mighty warriors? Where would my place be in such a world? All I was good for was praying, and for getting burned. My withers still ached, a good two inches had been burned away from my mane at the base of my neck - some charred remains still clinging there. The skin nearby was exposed, the coat having been singed away, and it was bubbling, red-hot and painful. A constant stream of tears had been falling from my golden eyes since it had happened.

I had never been hurt before. I had lived in peace and luxury - my race away from my burning homeland had been the first time I had undergone anything similar to strenuous activity. And now I had been burned, my flawless body ruined.

In this perpetually flat land, there was no where to go for shelter and I was too distressed to really look. So I just wandered through the shallow waters, my head down and wincing every time my forelegs moved because it pulled on the burn but I didn’t know what else to do besides walk so I just… kept walking. Knowing that eventually, my tears would stop and eventually, my energy would be spent. But those were not yet problems that I needed to face so I ignored them.
lost in hell, my dear. It's not so dreadful here
Image Credit

for @Lothíriel

Messages In This Thread
Hurts Like Heaven - by Persephone - 10-09-2015, 07:23 PM
RE: Hurts Like Heaven - by Lothíriel - 11-14-2015, 10:32 AM
RE: Hurts Like Heaven - by Persephone - 11-18-2015, 10:55 PM
RE: Hurts Like Heaven - by Lothíriel - 11-21-2015, 10:14 AM
RE: Hurts Like Heaven - by Persephone - 12-02-2015, 10:35 PM