the Rift

[OPEN] where do i belong? [reJOINING]

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper

I'm home. That is all I can think as I feel his flaming wings wrap around me just as he would do when I was little. Any doubt was burned away by his otherwise harmless embers. No amount of wandering would ever compare to the desert I was proud to call my home. Through the valleys, through the hills, through the mountains, through the sees: I had searched for Eden for so long when it had been right in my heart the entire time. Gods I felt like an idiot!

When his muscles tensed I knew something was wrong. Wings were unfurled to grant me vision of him but I did not want to look at him. I did not, did not, did not want to look into his eyes and see the truth about what ever he was to say. My heart sank. That elated bliss was thrown aside as I peeked at my father. What sort of tragedy could make him look like this? Immediately I wished to take back that question as his words finally came.

Skysong.. No.. The Moon Goddess.. Why? Why?! How could this happen?! Why would a Goddess kill a mortal she was SUPPOSED TO BE PROTECTING? "Please say our Lord Sun God has burned her to ashes." My snarl sounded so primal and feral that I hardly even recognized my own voice. But at that moment I didn't care how I looked to the world. I didn't care what they saw when they looked at me. All I could feel was intense rage followed by a wave of guilt. If I had been there maybe this would have been different.

"She go away again." Drastic emotions numbed until there was nothing left to feel. Ma wasn't here..? No. That couldn't be. Desperately I searched for her lithe, petite form. "No, no, no. She can't be gone." Denial was strong in this one. "She'll be back. She'll be back soon.." Their family would be whole again. I had come back to fit back into my spot in the puzzle only to find many pieces missing. Why?

I dug my head into him. As if I could hide within his large frame and not have to face the cold reality that I was being forced to face. Could I go back to the days when things were simple? It doesn't work that way? Yeah.. I know. No harm in asking though. "I'll check up on my darling little siblings soon. First.. I just need.." Now I didn't even know what I wanted or needed. "Yes, I'm home. While Ma is gone I will watch over my family and offer them the same comfort she has always given us." If I was even capable of that.

Wait. What did he just say - OH HELL NO. "Ampere is the Gladiator now..?" That bitch that had spoke to her mother in an unforgivable way? Today was just full of one twist and turn after the other. Dammit. Maybe I should have came back on a different day. There was no hiding the way my nose and eyes crinkled at the mention of her name but I nodded nonetheless. "Please come with me. I wish for you to watch me fight."

The word fight sounded so right at this very moment. All of these emotions (guilt, anger, grief - wow I was a real hot mess) needed to be released somehow. Actually.. maybe.. sleep would do me well right now. And a healer cause damn I forgot how tired I was from the flight here.

Through my tired haze I suddenly thought of a "great" idea. Maybe not a smart one but it was sure to show how much I've grown. That I could be a warrior - medical condition be damned. "Actually.. Daddy.. Spar with me." I blinked before adding, "Please." Better show that I had retained SOME of the manners Ma drilled into my head.

@Gaucho

Zenobia

get tangled up in me

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
where do i belong? [reJOINING] - by Zenobia - 10-10-2015, 10:44 PM
RE: where do i belong? [reJOINING] - by Gaucho - 10-11-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: where do i belong? [reJOINING] - by Zenobia - 10-11-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: where do i belong? [reJOINING] - by Gaucho - 10-11-2015, 04:11 PM
RE: where do i belong? [reJOINING] - by Zenobia - 10-11-2015, 04:42 PM
RE: where do i belong? [reJOINING] - by Gaucho - 10-12-2015, 09:35 PM
RE: where do i belong? [reJOINING] - by Zenobia - 10-12-2015, 10:11 PM
RE: where do i belong? [reJOINING] - by Gaucho - 10-19-2015, 02:58 PM