the Rift

[PRIVATE] A Place for Us

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

When the chestnut mare followed her line of thought, finishing her sentence, the false smile on Alysanne’s face faded away. She doubted that this bitterness that rose like bile in her throat would ever truly fade, it still felt so strong although time was passing faster and faster - separating her from the events that had divided her family. It was burning inside her still, the fire never really fading, and she wondered if it was the same for Evangeline, if it was the same for everyone. Jealousy, hatred, bitterness - they were all new emotions for her and she had fought for the last few seasons trying to battle them and losing the fight.

She did smile, though, when Tallis came toward her. A small nod to him to allow him to land safely. Hemlock fluffed up his feathers at first, remembering his first experiences with Resplendence’s dragon that had soured him against the species. Slowly, so slowly, he began to settle when it looked like the orange dragon had no interest in causing trouble for him or Aly. Tallis was even offering the owl a bit of his food. Cautiously, keeping a wary black eye on the dragon at all time and flinching back whenever there was too much movement, Hemlock took the piece of fish - tossing his head back and swallowing it whole. A delighted clicking noise

Evangeline seemed to be at the same loss that Alysanne felt, which was comforting in a truly distressing way. Since when did she rejoice in seeing another in pain, in confusion? She knew that she should be comforting Evangeline, trying to make her feel better, working harder with her to give them both purpose. But where she stood now, she was just happy to have someone drowning with her. “I don’t even know anymore. There were others, but I haven’t checked to see whether anyone stuck around after the Invasion.” Everyone had left. Everyone except for Evangeline. Kahlua had stayed but now she was gone again, and even then the cheery mare hadn’t been overly interested in healing anyway. “I haven’t been a very good Moon Doctor.” Alysanne confessed bitterly, her face twisted into a frown. “Or herd member.”

Her mind grasped for something else, some idea that she could focus on. She wondered if Evangeline needed the distraction as much as she did. “I suppose we should hold a meeting then, see who is interested? What they all know?”

Alysanne</style>
I lit a flame in my heart to guide you home.</style>

image credits
table by boom <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
A Place for Us - by Alysanne - 10-11-2015, 07:57 PM
RE: A Place for Us - by Evangeline - 10-11-2015, 08:49 PM
RE: A Place for Us - by Alysanne - 10-15-2015, 07:22 PM
RE: A Place for Us - by Evangeline - 10-22-2015, 09:57 AM
RE: A Place for Us - by Time - 11-23-2015, 07:08 PM
RE: A Place for Us - by Alysanne - 11-23-2015, 07:10 PM