[OPEN] home sweet home [Patrol]

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h ë
"And now I wish to God that The earth would turn cold
And my heart would forget it's made of glass"

She had found something to distract herself from her own thoughts. While the grief of loosing her mother was still fresh and her nights were spent trying to stifle the tears so as not to wake her father, it helped to keep herself busy during the days. The incident with the vultures had revealed a whole new meaning to the pretty ivory bow her mom had left her. It wasn't only a memento, but also a weapon. One that could be used to defend herself and others, keep them all safe...

If only she could learn to use it properly.

Retreating far away from the Edge and Threshold where she knew there could be a lot of people to accidentally hurt, Erthë spent days on end in the depths of the forest. It took strength and precision to aim the cumbersome, oversized bow just right, things she didn't really have yet. More often than not she missed her target, a tree that had been struck by lightning at some point and stood barren and dead in the center of a relatively large clearing.

Quickly growing frustrated, Erthë decided to fire off one last volley and then call it quits for a while. The day was growing too hot to keep going anyway, and her head was pounding with the combination of glaring sunlight and the bright, white light of the magical arrows.

Gripping the string between her teeth for the upteenth time she aimed the hovering weapon towards the dark tree trunk. Squinting to make out the target through the blinding light she held, and held, and aimed... and loosed. In a flash the bolt of cold, freezing brightness set off in a straight arc towards the tree, and scraped the side of the trunk before continuing off amidst the foliage.

Whooping with glee and catching the bow to tuck it hastily beneath a wing, Erthë hurried up to the tree and studied the bark. A frost flower glittered innocently where the light had nudged the rough surface, already melting in the sunlight; it was a near miss, but it was the closest she had been to actually hitting the mark in a long time!

Feeling elated, she was just about to go back and try again, encouraged by the success, when the sound of voices drew her attention. Pricking the small, woolly ears she froze and listened intently, jubilation turning into dread upon realizing that they came from the other side of the tree... Right where the dangerously cold light had disappeared.

Erthë didn't stop to think. Heart beating furiously she threw herself into the underbrush and ran as quickly as she could towards the people that were talking, praying to the Moon that she hadn't hurt anyone. Like a small, very local snow storm she burst out before the small group, terrified and full of remorse.

"I'm so sorry, are you okay? Did anyone get hurt? I didn't mean to, I missed the target and... "

Looking wildly about she took in the horses before her; a tall, dark unicorn mare that looked strong and stern - hadn't she seen her before? - a handsome palomino stallion she recognized from the battle with the Bear - his wing looked much better now - and...

"Murtagh! It is you, isn't it!"

Like the sky at dawn the expression on the filly's pale face brightened at the sight of the boy. It had been so long since she had seen him! Ages, almost an entire season... and there was Mama too!

The girl shifted anxiously on the spot; she longed to rush up to the colt, one of exceedingly few friends her age - but she didn't dare, in case she had caused any damage.

"And all the pretty tulips would disappear
And never disturb me again"

@Kaj

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
home sweet home [Patrol] - by Ktulu - 10-11-2015, 10:18 PM
RE: home sweet home [Patrol] - by Murtagh - 10-11-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: home sweet home [Patrol] - by Ktulu - 10-11-2015, 11:22 PM
RE: home sweet home [Patrol] - by Murtagh - 10-12-2015, 06:44 PM
RE: home sweet home [Patrol] - by Kaj - 10-13-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: home sweet home [Patrol] - by Ktulu - 10-14-2015, 07:24 PM