the Rift

[OPEN] Monsters don't hide under the bed.

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper
Dear Sun Lord. What in the heavens was I doing awake so early in the morning? Well, I don't know me. That's a very good question. Let's ask the irrational part of my mind that would not let me fall back to sleep. Imagine if it worked that way. You could just talk to your body like, "Hey. What up? Can ya, y'know, stop doing what you're doing? That'd be swell." I mean I could do that right now but holding a conversation with yourself was just plain odd. Crazy even. Wait.. wasn't that what I was doing now? No, no. This is different. Yeah. For certain.

Moving onto a different subject that doesn't question my sanity..

Considering that I was awake now and couldn't fall back to sleep for the life of me, I might as well explore my homelands. While I highly doubt the landscape has changed (oh gods how I've missed the warm sand on my back) there were probably many new faces I did not know. Being the noob in this herd was going to be so weird. I was birthed here. Then again it was my own fault that I was stuck in this position.

Ughh.

Was anyone even awake this early? Besides Pa who had probably already scanned the borders three times over now. What a workaholic.. although I couldn't stop the warm smile that twitched onto my face at these thoughts. It was so freakin' great to be back. As I flew over the desolate lands my blue eyes eagerly searched for any soul I could annoy introduce myself to.

It was time to start anew and make a name for myself! A title that wasn't simply "Gaucho's first born." Starting today my legend in the Dragon's Throat began. Soon enough mother's would be telling my legacy to their children and I will forever be immortalized - Wait. Legacy.. immortalized.. What I'm thinking about would happen after I died. Okay. Uh. Scratch out that last part.

The oasis was like a flame to a mouth for the Dragon Throat's horses. If anyone was going to be out and about they'd probably stop by at the fresh supply of water. Heck - just thinking about it made my lips suddenly parched.

In the horizon I spotted the water and.. was that a small dot? Brown dot? A wild animal, perhaps. Or a member of the herd. Maybe waking up this early would have its perks. Large wings beat faster as I raced towards the shape. The closer I got the more features I began to see.

Heart sporadically pulsing, I was extra careful with my landing. Considering the way my head was spinning I didn't want to fall and look like a fool. I've probably been pushing myself too hard these passed few days but.. Oh well.

"Hello-" Abruptly I cut myself off. Wait.. the foal's age and her beautiful brown coating. "Aelin? My little Aelin? Is that you?" While I was fairly certain it was her I was also unsure. Wow that made perfect sense. The last time I had seen her she had just recently been born. Now look at her! If.. if this really was her.

Please let it be my little Aelin. Let me start reuniting with my family as soon as possible.

@Aelin
Zenobia
quote quote

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
Monsters don't hide under the bed. - by Aelin - 10-12-2015, 07:45 AM
RE: Monsters don't hide under the bed. - by Zenobia - 10-12-2015, 05:34 PM
RE: Monsters don't hide under the bed. - by Aelin - 10-13-2015, 05:53 AM
RE: Monsters don't hide under the bed. - by Aelin - 10-27-2015, 07:40 PM