the Rift

[OPEN] Monsters don't hide under the bed.

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper
I was too absorbed with her answer - "Yes, I'm Aelin" - that I wasn't aware how much of a creeper I must look right now. Especially since I was staring. Like really, really intensely. If she wasn't getting stalker vibes then her instincts were totally out of whack. Gods if I could see myself I'd slap a wing over my face and groan at the stupid, silly grin plastered on my face. Sometimes it was better to remain painfully oblivious to anything outside of your tunnel vision.

The youngest Princess of the Sands had been born with title in mind. Much like the sands, soft and light dun colors painted the filly unlike the rather blank canvas my coat represented. Although still in the middle of growing, I could already see the delicate shape of our mother. And her eyes! Oh, her gorgeous mismatched eyes. Strange to some but oh so natural to me and bringing forth a sense of nostalgia. Ma..

Blowing a white forelock away from my eyes, I let out a small sigh. Of course she didn't remember who I was. I had hoped and prayed my father had told my siblings about me, but if he did he had left out my appearance. Reunions, I was beginning to learn, were bittersweet. It left my ears pressed against my skull as if that would block out the words. If only it worked that way. If only I hadn't been gone for so long because of my selfish needs.

Pride settled in my heart as, while the girl was clearly spooked, she managed to keep a strength to her voice. She didn't back away nor run from the weirdo whom had addressed her in such endearing terms. "Inavva." came my quiet response. The native words of our father came with ease, rolling off my tongue as if I myself was born from the faraway lands.

"Zenobia." I announced my name proudly. My namesake was that of an ancient warrior queen, Ma had once explained to me. "First born of Gaucho and Sohalia." I spoke clearly, carefully enunciating each word. "I am your sister, shekhikhi." As if that wasn't obvious enough. I knew she wasn't stupid but shock and surprise could leave a brain in turmoil. Well, at least, it did for me.

A wave of nerves made me shift my weight from side to side. Would she accept me? Question after question begged to be answer but I stilled my tongue and quietly watched the young filly.

translation inavva - sister. shekhikhi - little light.

@Aelin
Zenobia
electric shock. no, i can't get enough.

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
Monsters don't hide under the bed. - by Aelin - 10-12-2015, 07:45 AM
RE: Monsters don't hide under the bed. - by Aelin - 10-13-2015, 05:53 AM
RE: Monsters don't hide under the bed. - by Zenobia - 10-15-2015, 06:25 AM
RE: Monsters don't hide under the bed. - by Aelin - 10-27-2015, 07:40 PM