the Rift

Between Something And Nothing

Calista Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
"I've been… well, I've been a bit lost in my life's purpose, and I must admit, this Aurora Basin you speak of sounds rather appealing. If you don't mind, I'd like to hear more about your home. Then I might have an idea of whether or not it would suit a damsel such as myself, before I make a decision." Her voice lingered a moment before fading into the silence. Another gust of invigorating air buffeted her sides. Helovia began to come to life around her and she couldn't help but be swept up in the beauty of the place. The lush foliage seemed to stretch for miles, the beautiful expanse of sky marked here and there with a fluffy white cloud. The idea of joining another herd had not crossed her mind before, however, she was intrigued by it. She might not come across an opportunity like this again. Eden seemed to be a respectable creature, and surely the herd she represented was as such.

Her journey had been...long. Although she was more than capable of it. She had lost none of her stamina and endurance. Her body, slender and lithe, was just as young and able as it ever was and always would be. Her hooves could carry her at a steady, ground-eating lope, a pace she could maintain for hours on end without stopping. The unicorn made almost no sound when she moved, her ears flicking and her eyes sweeping her surroundings occasionally, as they always did. Even among friends, Calista was always on alert. Here, in this unfamiliar setting, her wariness was increased tenfold. There were few animals who would truly attempt to threaten a unicorn. But she was not, after all, a very large woman. She was not sure she was ready to end her travels here. The past months had been good for her. She had left behind her responsibilities, her enemies, her crown, her authority. Calista did not immediately come to understand that this simpler life that she led had been exactly what she needed. 

Though her appearance seemed calm and confident, her mind was a gale of emotions. Calista could not honestly remember ever being this apprehensive. This was certainly not a feeling the unicorn was used to and no matter how hard she tried she could stop her stomach churning. She dearly hoped that this was the answer. She could not help feeling as the though the wait of her entire fate hung on a delicate thread. The choice she was about to make scared her. Hope was also brimming in her chest, nearly spilling out her along with her nerves, but Eden's kind words helped ground her. She took a deep breath. She had a horn on her head, dammit! Her mother and sister had faced off against the most bloodthirsty scoundrels, sacrificing themselves to save her. They had been brave and fearless and everything she hoped to be. Even if she felt uncertain she wasn't going to show it.

@Eden

Messages In This Thread
Between Something And Nothing - by Calista - 10-12-2015, 11:57 AM
RE: Between Something And Nothing - by Eden - 10-13-2015, 12:56 PM
RE: Between Something And Nothing - by Calista - 10-13-2015, 07:46 PM
RE: Between Something And Nothing - by Eden - 10-13-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: Between Something And Nothing - by Calista - 10-14-2015, 11:56 AM
RE: Between Something And Nothing - by Mauja - 10-14-2015, 02:44 PM
RE: Between Something And Nothing - by Eden - 10-16-2015, 12:21 AM
RE: Between Something And Nothing - by Calista - 10-16-2015, 11:41 AM
RE: Between Something And Nothing - by Mauja - 10-16-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: Between Something And Nothing - by Calista - 10-16-2015, 04:35 PM