the Rift

Between Something And Nothing

Calista Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
“I would not mind going with you, just to go there and see for myself.” She looked at Mauja again, her turbulent blue eyes quieting down again. “I think that perhaps my abilities might be useful to the World's Edge, as well. I am not nearly as talented as I hope to be, but then, I can always learn, and I can offer you the skills that I already have. Surely they will be useful to you at some point or another.”

For a brief second she pictured the sound of oceanic waves crashing against the cliffside, swirls of azure carrying whatever they could grasp out into the abyss. Calista might have been to the seaside a few times with her sister, for that was how this image came to mind, although she could not specifically remember the details. It was funny how they probably all saw the same ocean, even when they were far away from each other. It united them all. That was a satisfying thought.

This being said, Calista made eye contact with Eden. Eden seemed to be a kind soul and she wished the mare the best. She hoped that they could still be friends. She wasn't sure that there would, or could, be much opportunity for reconciliation. Nevertheless the painted unicorn hoped so. She took a deep breath, and gave the alabaster lady a smile, “Thank you for being so kind, but I will have to politely decline your offer. I do hope we meet again, Eden. The Aurora Basin sounds equally wonderful and I'd love to stop by sometime, if you'd have me. May the gods light your path.”

At Mauja's words of acceptance, she grinned again. Perhaps a new home could be found here. A home to rest her weary limbs without the worries of wild beasts; a place where she could find belonging again. The future looked bright. Calista had not dreamed of such luck. She chuckled, “I want to carry my own weight. I do not wish to be a burden on the herd.” 

The battle with her father Eglerion, the mad king, that she had fought over her freedom had ultimately been worth it. True, she had gained some scars. Marks that still reminded her, and others, of the battle she had fought. She lost her mother, and as for her sister... well, her whereabouts were unknown, but Calista prayed that she was safe. This world was hers to explore, it seemed, and that alone had made everything worth it, in a sense. With this in mind, the woman was in a cheerful mood. Mauja's words about family came back to her. “Your warm welcome is appreciated and I look forward to building a bond with your family and finding a home there.”

@Mauja
@Eden

Messages In This Thread
Between Something And Nothing - by Calista - 10-12-2015, 11:57 AM
RE: Between Something And Nothing - by Eden - 10-13-2015, 12:56 PM
RE: Between Something And Nothing - by Calista - 10-13-2015, 07:46 PM
RE: Between Something And Nothing - by Eden - 10-13-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: Between Something And Nothing - by Calista - 10-14-2015, 11:56 AM
RE: Between Something And Nothing - by Mauja - 10-14-2015, 02:44 PM
RE: Between Something And Nothing - by Eden - 10-16-2015, 12:21 AM
RE: Between Something And Nothing - by Calista - 10-16-2015, 11:41 AM
RE: Between Something And Nothing - by Mauja - 10-16-2015, 03:22 PM