the Rift

i offer my services, Mirage {joining}

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
The mare was a little surprised at the unquestioning way in which the steed launched into his tale. She had to respect him for his attempt, he was an honest steed, and gave an honest attempt at fulfilling the task she laid out before him. Her ears tilted towards him, her interest made plain against the usual vacant expression she wore. Akaith ceased her chittering to allow silence to decorate his words, the little dragon leaning over the nape of her bonded to better view and hear the apprentice.

Mirage leaned back onto her haunches, hitching a hind leg so that it might rest upon her toe. The tale he wove was roughly put together, but she was keenly interested enough to hear of his travels. So much she might be able to learn from him, a fellow traveller. She knew the vast amount that she herself had learned from her journeys, it would be grand to be able to hear all of his tales, though judging by the length of this one she doubted that even she was patient enough to hear them all out. It was a curious story, one of intrigue an mystery, she enjoyed it, even found herself trying to guess out the secret he spoke of before it was told.

People. She thought with mild wonder. She had seen them from a distance before on her travels, and met others whom had been enslaved by those who walked only upon two legs. But the mare possessed magic that had allowed her to easily dance from their sights, and a dragon as a companion to set fire to any ideas a particularly cunning human may entertain to capture her. Idly the mare wondered at whether the creatures would ever breach the Threshold of Helovia, or perhaps they would traipse across the seas and climb the cliffs into her land.

The DragonHeart entertained the notion for only a small collection of moments, before focussing upon the steed's final words. Was there a sense of loss within his tone as he spoke of his family? What family leaves without so much as a goodbye, an explanation? Family meant that everyone was devoted to each other no matter what differences of opinion they might share, family did not simply leave without question. A small frown creased her brow, thoughtful, almost pitying him, but instead, she found herself pleased that he had come here. The little shadow stepped closer to the crimson steed, extending her plush, velvet maw to touch gently upon his shoulder.

"I look forward to calling you my own kin, Quiach. May you grow into a fine Philosopher within the mists of the World's Edge." The mare gave a deep nod to him, before curving her scarred bodice away from him. A glance was thrown over her shoulder, playful, inviting. "Come, young Philosopher. Let your eyes behold the sea from the heights of the very Edge of the World."

[ We can finish this here I think. Quiach has already completed one lesson, so well done! He just needs to complete another task from a Tier One or Two ranked member (could be another task from Mirage) and he can progress to a full Philosopher. :-) ]

Messages In This Thread
i offer my services, Mirage {joining} - by Quiach - 10-05-2012, 04:01 PM
RE: i offer my services, Mirage {joining} - by Quiach - 10-06-2012, 03:05 PM
RE: i offer my services, Mirage {joining} - by Quiach - 10-08-2012, 09:37 AM
RE: i offer my services, Mirage {joining} - by Quiach - 10-09-2012, 05:57 PM
RE: i offer my services, Mirage {joining} - by Mirage - 10-11-2012, 05:05 AM