[OPEN] the waves and the wind

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h ë
"And now I wish to God that The earth would turn cold
And my heart would forget it's made of glass"

"Ooh" she sighed, impressed despite herself. A spy! It sounded extremely mysterious and interesting, definitely befitting of someone who looked so similar to Shadow. The child approved, and smiled brightly as she was offered healing aid for her ouchies. "Thanks, but it's fine. It'll stop bleeding in a bit." She was used to scrapes. A life of roaming through the wilderness had taught her that dirt and bruises was nothing to be scared of, and while she preferred to keep herself clean and somewhat neat, the child had never been afraid of getting her hooves dirty.

More interesting indeed was the offer to teach her to fly. Erthë listened with keen eyes and pricked ears as Iona explained, and nodded once it became her turn to try. It felt good to be away from the edge of the cliff; safer, calmer. Dread still ran cold through her veins whenever she touched upon the memory of falling, but she did her best to push it aside and focus.

"I'll try!" she said, swelling with determination, if perhaps not confidence.

Mimicking the stance and movement of the spy, she turned into the wind and spread her wings, tail undulating with concentration as she angled them. Up, down, adjusting and re-adjusting until, quite suddenly, she felt how the wind caught beneath her wings and pushed her upwards. Not smoothly and gently like it had looked for Iona, but rather in a great rush. As her feet momentarily lifted from the ground Erthë felt a sinking, swooping sensation in her stomach and with a squeal she flapped her wings violently, wobbling precariously as she was pushed backwards. For a horrible, fleeting moment she remembered the edge of the cliff rush up to meet her and the white froth of waves far below...

and then her feet connected hard with the ground once more and she was left standing, legs spread far apart - quivering and panting, as though she had just run a mile.

"And all the pretty tulips would disappear
And never disturb me again"

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
the waves and the wind - by Iona - 10-12-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: the waves and the wind - by Erthë - 10-18-2015, 10:05 AM
RE: the waves and the wind - by Iona - 10-23-2015, 11:58 PM
RE: the waves and the wind - by Erthë - 10-30-2015, 07:37 AM
RE: the waves and the wind - by Iona - 11-08-2015, 11:24 PM
RE: the waves and the wind - by Erthë - 11-20-2015, 03:47 PM