the Rift

[OPEN] It's enough to make kings and vagabonds believe the very best

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia, who had never felt fear in her life, stood impassively as voices were immediately raised. That some might be upset about what she did had never - and would never - factor into what she decided to do. Emotions should never set agendas or determine proper courses of action. Reason should.

"I never said you wouldn't miss him." Isopia responded, as if speaking to a slow-to-understand child. Her large golden eyes blinked a few times as Nyx's words physically caused air to rush past her face and eyes.

"I didn't touch him. Not even the stones did - he isn't there to be touched anymore." She responded with the same distinctly distant yet somehow academically disengaged tone, in response to Tavi's demands. The girl registered little about the mares before her - neither of them interested her, although those who resorted to raising their voices rather than having a rational conversation, rarely did.

Her lips opened, but before she could say anything Kaj danced into the scene - wings splayed from his flanks seemingly in an effort to dispel any physical confrontation. Was that what this was coming to? Nostrils flared in an attempt to take a deep breath, Isopia let her gaze scan the two mares with slightly more depth. One seemed fat (or possibly pregnant), and the other seemed ... well. Just loud. Isopia towered over both, and was even taller than Kaj. Surely he didn't think she needed his help?

Stupefied into silence, she listened as her Czar addressed the two. As he bayed her describe her actions, the girl felt like simply remaining silent. Her intentions should have been clear, if anyone around here was doing more than simply thinking about themselves, through their own sadness. But, social customs dictated that she ought to respond, especially since her Czar had asked it of her. 

"He is gone. He does not inhabit that dying flesh - and no one can benefit from having him be eaten by insects. Seeing his body and touching his frigid and cooling frame will not ease your grief. Your memories of him are surely more vivid than a decaying corpse. However the earth can and will benefit. It will soak up his nutrients and give life anew. This process has merely been expedited and made more efficient by the positioning of the rocks as well as their heat. And-" The girl shrugged her massive shoulders, looking to Kaj with an expression that said, At least I tried. It's stupid - but I tried. "-I etched those markings on top so that you would know what was below them. It is not an arbitrary pile of rubble, but is unique and was consciously constructed." 

Falling silent, the demi-God contemplated merely turning into a raven and flying away. But custom kept her hooves on the ground (even though they were slowly blending into her surroundings). 

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's enough to make kings and vagabonds believe the very best - by Isopia - 10-15-2015, 04:48 PM