the Rift

[OPEN] but nevermind [hieroglyph discovery]

Calista Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It was odd how well-lit her surroundings were, considering the mare was far down in the dark depths of the earth. Soon it became apparent that she was not alone, for the dull murmur of voices drifted from the cavern and she turned the corner to find two unknown mares intensely studying something on the wall. Peering across the gray chamber, two bright sapphire orbs searched for just what it was that they were so interested in. The licking flames of magma illuminated the small room so well that Calista was able to see the runic writing inscribed in the stone. The alabaster mare hung in the background for a moment, watching.

Calista couldn't help but wonder, watching the shadowy mare pace a bit. She presumed she would ask more about why they were there at such an hour, though she could not even answer the question for herself. The rapt expression she wore remained, her watery gaze widening. It was amazing, these words on the wall, just like everything else the mare encountered in Helovia so far. Calista had never seen anything like them. The deep, careful lines were etched into a monumental slab of igneous rock that must have been older than time itself.

The black and white painted mare wandered closer, a small grin tracing the lines of her face as she now stood beside the others, drawing her charcoal ears upright on each side of her angular head. "My name is Calista, by the way."  she greeted, establishing herself over the soft crackling of the lava's movement, her hooves stopping at the edge of a small current of the vermillion molten rock, at the bits of cobble that brushed against her feet, and then stepping over the stream with care. "These lands certainly are full of life during the hours of darkness," she mused, she didn't go a day without meeting someone, new or old. Helovia had turned out to be a good place to settle, and this was why she hadn't chosen to move on. Calista was indeed liking what she was seeing, the patterns she was finding. Her thoughts touched home only briefly, missing it every now and again but feeling far more confident in the choice she'd made to leave. The woman's gaze returned to the strange text, written in a dialect with which she was unfamiliar. Awe washed over her, sending chills running down her spine. Words left her throat in a hushed whisper.  
"Hieroglyphs... The-they're absolutely breathtaking. I've never come across anything like them. Do you know what they say?"

"Talk?"
"it's my life, it's now or never, i ain't gonna live forever, I just wanna live while I'm alive"

image credits

@Agnodice
@Chernobyl

Messages In This Thread
RE: but nevermind [hieroglyph discovery] - by Calista - 10-26-2015, 06:59 PM
RE: but nevermind [hieroglyph discovery] - by Calista - 12-03-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: but nevermind [hieroglyph discovery] - by Rei - 12-03-2015, 01:53 AM