the Rift

Wait For You [Midas]

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

They lay in silence, each absorbed in their thoughts. Cera was twisted inside, trying to imagine how he could possibly last without Midas. His days revolved around him. What would Cera do? Where would he go, instead of waiting loyally for Midas to return? Who would listen to him babble on during the day in his absence? Who would he cuddle up to when he found himself tired? Everything Cera did, Midas was somehow involved. Every piece of him rejected the mere thought that his father was going to be leaving.

As Cera moved closer, a large wing draped over him and pulled him close. Instantly the cold, both from the outside and within him, was banished. Warmth and comfort replaced it, held closely against Midas' side. The feathers were soft and familiar, and the sandy colt wished he could stay there forever. Midas turned his head and their cheeks brushed, hugging them together almost desperately. The ache in Cera's chest deepened, and he could not understand what it was. He could sense the distress in Midas as he was squeezed, giving a tiny whicker of sadness that was barely a whisper. When the stallion pulled away Cera wanted him back. He didn't want to face this. But he listened, ears drooped in despair and remaining weak and compliant beside him. "The place I am going is very dangerous," Cera shook his head minutely, quivering at the thought of Midas becoming injured. He wanted to leap up, to shout, beg Midas not to go. But Midas was still speaking, and Cera knew better. Grassy eyes turned towards the sky, following the honey ones that directed his gaze there. Turning back once more, sensing his gaze. Heart jumping to his throat when Midas quietly but sternly ordered him to stay. Trembling with the hurt he didn't understand, wanting to disobey. To say he wouldn't listen, that he could help! Wanted to say that he would follow regardless of his father's words. But what fell from his lips was the opposite. "I-I will..." And though his voice wavered and broke, he managed to force it out past the pain in his throat that tried to make him stop.

Even so his gaze did not break. Cera wanted to be strong for Midas. And when he stumbled and stopped, the youth brushed his muzzle against Midas', trying to comfort him. But if he had known the words that would follow, he would have never wanted Midas to continue. Emerald eyes widened in horror and he shook his head, refusing to accept what Midas said. Voice coming out in a panicked, agonized whinny. "No! No no no! I-I won't!" Wings fluttering as he tried to stand, quickly falling back down and scooting closer. Rethinking his decision and wanting to be close instead of running away. Head shaking furiously. "You come back! Y-You will!" Sobs shaking his body until he felt he would come apart at the seams. How could Midas say that? He had to come back! Cera couldn't live without him! And he would never seek out those he mentioned. Nobody could replace Midas, and Cera wouldn't give them the chance. "I don't want them! They not you! They can't be daddy!" Too distraught to wonder if Midas would accept the name. Cera had been asking around, wanting to know what Midas was to him. He had intended to ask permission, but it had soon become what Cera called Midas in his mind either way. Crying his stubborn refusal into the great shoulder, not wanting to imagine Midas leaving and never returning. It was too similar to the fuzzy memory of his real mother. He could still remember the lonely nights of tears before Midas had saved him. Only this time it would be much worse should that happen. It was not an option in his mind.

OOC: Oh good lord the tears ;-;
Image by Alex
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Messages In This Thread
Wait For You [Midas] - by Cera - 10-05-2012, 09:29 PM
RE: Wait For You [Midas] - by Midas - 10-07-2012, 10:23 PM
RE: Wait For You [Midas] - by Cera - 10-10-2012, 06:22 PM
RE: Wait For You [Midas] - by Midas - 10-11-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: Wait For You [Midas] - by Cera - 10-11-2012, 03:22 PM
RE: Wait For You [Midas] - by Midas - 10-13-2012, 02:38 PM
RE: Wait For You [Midas] - by Cera - 10-13-2012, 09:18 PM
RE: Wait For You [Midas] - by Birch - 10-13-2012, 10:36 PM
RE: Wait For You [Midas] - by Midas - 10-16-2012, 08:32 AM
RE: Wait For You [Midas] - by Cera - 10-19-2012, 11:54 PM