the Rift

[OPEN] God Studies [VISIONARY LESSON TALLSUN Pt. 1]

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Run away with me, Lost souls and reverie,
Running wild and running free, Two kids, you and me

The star girl walked on. Evening had begun to chase the Tallsun sun from the sky, unfurling wings of golds and oranges and pinks across the sky over the valley. The sunset-kissed pines seemed to be dipped in gold, and the shadows of the Basin seemed to grow and stretch as the daylight retreated behind the mountains. She herself seemed to follow her shadow as it lengthened before her, pointing easternly towards the lake. It was beautiful this time of day, and Ki'irha knew soon the sky would become inky and dark, with stars and galaxies spilling over and studding the heavens.

Despite the gorgeous backdrop, the corporal couldn't help but let out a sigh. She had felt defeated recently. She had lost a battle to a guilded brute, been burned and injured by a great crocodile god, and all around felt lonely. She had returned to the Basin to feel it's comfort, a sort of safety that only home could offer. She felt as though she really knew of no one here. She had yet to foster any true bonds, other than the two who she held close to her heart. Paired with her lonliness, her wounded pride from the lost battle made it hard for the normally valiant mare to hold her head high.

The cave she had claimed as her own was settled into the eastern wall of the Aurora Basin, a nook that was hidden by several small pines and overlooked the lake. She had planned to settle in for the night, perhaps look for some shooting stars before turning in. This week did hold an important day for the girl. And for the past two years, on her special day, her mother would lay by her side and teach the young warrior about the sky and all it held. Mother would talk about the gods, and the stars, and how the blue filly had been a piece cast down from the dark summer heavens. The night would be filled with stories and light and love.

But not this year. Her mother was gone. But before she could continue contemplating her solitude, a soft snapping and sizzling caught her attention. Turning her head, the faint scent of smoke filled her soft nose. Silver gaze fell upon the gaping mouth of the haruspex cave. Ashamin must be busy, but perhaps she could provide some company.

She picked her way up the trail worn into the cliff side. Lochan skipped past her as she approached, and she smiled at him before crossing the threshold into the cave. Black cloves clattered against the smooth stone as she approached. "Good evening, Ashamin,"  she began, dipping her head in greeting and respect. He appeared busy dousing the smoldering embers of an old flame. She was interested in the painted buck's work as the haruspex, and hoped she could watch him in action. She also didn't mind being around him. He was handsome, though his body showed souvenirs of a life of battle and hard work. But to her, his imperfections added to his character. Though, she had never noticed the deep crimson on his left, has that been there before? She pulled her eyes away, not meaning to stare.

"I do hope I am not imposing. I just meant to stop by and say hello, maybe see if you were up to anything enjoyable." Ears flicked forward as she caught his onyx gaze, sculpted head tipping ever so slightly to the side. Her tasseled tail curled softly around a rear hoof. She stood easy. It wasn't often she felt so relaxed around someone, and for a brief moment she felt at peace. "Though, if you're busy, I can always continue on my way."

She fell quiet, the soft simmer of water on heat filling the silence of the air.

Speech
@Ashamin

[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: God Studies [VISIONARY LESSON TALLSUN Pt. 1] - by Ki'irha - 10-18-2015, 11:33 PM