the Rift

[OPEN] God Studies [VISIONARY LESSON TALLSUN Pt. 1]

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Ashamin

Ashamin listened with quiet intent and carefully disguised shame. It felt as if he was always hiding that, shame. He was ashamed for several reasons, firstly:

He still had not seen the God for whom he was meant to speak. Still, after three seasons now, he had nothing to report. These meetings continued to be hollow, gatherings for the sake of ceremony where nothing new could be shared.

Secondly:

That as a result of this, his own scholars knew so little. That one did not even have enough tolerance for Ashamin to pretend to treat him with respect. That he was failing.

Thirdly:

That Hotaru seemed put off by his attempts to be professional.

Fourthly:

That he had not embraced Ki'irha as he had wished. Why had he not let himself press against her? Was he not known for outwardly affection? Would anyone have questioned or accused? But then again, why did he even wish to hold her? To hold anyone? He listened to all their heartbeats, sent his to hers as if in belated consolation, but he still did not meet her gaze.

And lastly:

Why did he really have no new information to add?

It was pathetic, all of it. He could not stand to continue it so he only smiled weakly, his white tail twisting and his eyes scrunched as if in pain. Lochan knew, Lochan understood, but he would not voice his fear to the others here. They would have had to read his mind.

"It's good to see your curiousity, all of you--but I would encourage you to appear less hesitant. Wear the knowledge you have proudly, that is a scholar's right," Ashamin said, all the while thinking of the knowledge he didn't have and cursing himself for using language that mimicked Rikyn's. Rikyn, that self righteous ass.

"Hotaru, I thank you for your extensive knowledge of the Moon. I'll task you first, my Lady, with our mission: to learn about each of our lands' Gods and bring knowledge home. Our patron God of Spark, I think, would be best for you," the haruspex assigned awkwardly. He wasn't sure how to address her, not anymore. "Ki'irha, would you be comfortable studying the Goddess of which Hotaru speaks? And Eden, of the God of the Sun? I will take on the God of the Earth myself, though he has not yet resurfaced..." his voice trailed, his eyes furrowed.

Was it a smart choice? He wasn't sure. But he had to do something to make this a real meeting, didn't he?

image credits

Thanks for participating and sorry for my delay here! Part of why I gave out assignments last time. :P

Please feel free to post your character leaving or asking Ashamin any closing questions, I'll post a reporting thread in a little while, good luck with your learning quest!

@Hotaru @Eden @Ki'irha

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
RE: God Studies [VISIONARY LESSON TALLSUN Pt. 1] - by Ashamin - 11-03-2015, 08:36 PM