the Rift

Moonrise [Qian + allies, aftermath]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
"Blood has been shed, but the outcome was clear. The QIAN have emerged victorious on the battlefield. Mirage, you may take the unconscious as your prisoners and begin instating the laws of your herd."

It was a voice that seemed to be held by the mists of the land. The little shadow mare swayed as she stepped forth from the shelter of her mate's wing. Her aching limbs and feelings of general unsteadiness were attempted to be ignored. She felt the powers of the lands, the honour of being a Leader within the sovereign lands of the Moon Goddess fill her. It was refreshing, in a mental sense. We won, she thought to her beloved dragon, eyes shutting for a moment as she held onto the taste of victory. Happiness and pride dared to start a flame within her, dared to renew her vigour for a life she had begun to question.

Then all of the doubts came flooding back.

Golden eyes peeked out from behind her charcoal eyelids, watching as those who no longer wished to stay scampered away, watching as those who were unconscious either remained so, or groggily came to. She looked to her allies, to the blood they shed, her nostrils drank the heady, metallic stench of blood with some distaste. War was not what she wanted. Fighting was not what she, or the Qian, stood for. It was the laws of the land that had forced her into this conformation of violence and forceful displays of power. She did not like it, but she wasn't foolish enough to ignore it, either. Her Protectors would be trained in the art of warfare, with the hopes that they would only ever need to use their skills in defending their homeland. She had no desires to conquer and consume all the lands for herself. We've done it. We've earned our home. She was satisfied, and she hoped her herd would be too.

Mirage walked through the fray of bodies, seriousness, sadness and humbleness permeating about her. She took her time to pause beside each one, proffering her muzzle to each of her brothers, weeping a tear over the fallen bodice of Torasin, observing with critical concern the injuries Lace sustained. This will not do. With a silent alert, Mirage knew that some of the Qian who did not choose to fight (which was their right), lingered on the outskirts. The presence of Zaffre, and Smoke, were of particular interest to the little shadow mare.

Prisoners were not something she held an interest in keeping. She hoped they roused soon enough, and made their way home. Looking upon the fallen soldier she had so ruthlessly attacked when in her dragon form, however, she knew that they would require the herd's aid. With a soft, yet commanding call, she asked for any former Edge members to hear her words alongside her allies and herdmates. The mare, who dripped blood, and sustained heavy bruising that made it difficult to breath, summoned all the strength she had left to push her words into the atmosphere, and decorate the ears of those who would listen.

"Those who call themselves Qian now call the World's Edge their home. Congratulations, my kin, you have fought well, and now you can enjoy the comfort and security of this, our herdland.

"To my allies," Mirage's attention focussed in particular on the cluster of Windtossed Foothills warriors to one side, and the Dragon's Throat Soldiers scattered amidst the sky and ground. "You have my thanks, and my word of promised aid should you ever need it. If there is anything else I can provide, you need only ask. We would not have been successful without the dedication to your words and loyalties that you have shown here." It was a fact, that Qian numbers alone would have been destroyed against the opponent in this battle. More than ever, Mirage felt a cloud of guilt over what damage her allies would have sustained, all in the name of earning her and her kin a home. There were some deep debts to be paid, in Mirage's mind. And pay them she would.

"Smoke, I must ask a request of you." Mirage addressed the grulla who stood amongst the mists, not covering the concern she felt for those fallen. "Would you step up to the rank of Moon Healer, and embrace the powers of Darkness and Wind, and heal those in need, especially the unconscious, no matter their allegiance?" The shadowy minx had faith in the grulla mare, whose original walk in life had been a Healer. She also had faith that the Healer would be capable of forming an appropriate triage, to mend those who were at risk of dying otherwise, and tend to those with minor hurts last. Mirage counted herself as a minor hurt, despite the constant throbbing of her sides. The blood was slowly congealing, scabbing, though breathing did rip open the wounds on her ribcage every now and then. Grimaces and wincing from the pain were common, and scattered throughout her entire speech. But onwards she pushed, she could not stop now.

"To those who would be prisoners, if you wish to stay, you are welcome, but you will not be held here against your will if you are able to leave. The Qian stands for equality and balance; if you do not agree with our ways, then you do not have a right to call the Edge your home." A flood of information rushed around within her tiara, the ways in which she would structure the herd had always been within her, only now were they being realised. But in the settling ashes of a raging bushfire that was a battle, she would address such matters if she felt her fellows were ready for it. For now, they needed some time to heal, both their bodies and their minds. Soon though, they would be face with more serious, sticky discussions. A dark, subtle shadow of a smile tugged at the lips of the mare. If she thought leading the Qian before they had a herdland was responsibility, she knew now that things would not necessarily be made easier.

"Speak to me what you wish you say, my kin, my family. I will do my best to alleviate your concerns." She said after a breath of air allowed a pause between her last lot of words and this one. The mare prepared herself as best she could for the backlash that might eventuate, memories of Paladin's meeting shortly after his personal fight were fresh in her mind. But those she spoke to were her allies, her friends and family.. They had proven themselves by standing by her side in this battle, surely they would not turn on her now? Collecting her thoughts and doing her best to gather her strength, the mare awaited a reply, a golden dragon hovering above her, the Moon steadily rising into the night sky across the horizon.

Messages In This Thread
Moonrise [Qian + allies, aftermath] - by Mirage - 10-05-2012, 10:01 PM
RE: Moonrise [Qian + allies, aftermath] - by Lace - 10-06-2012, 10:46 AM
RE: Moonrise [Qian + allies, aftermath] - by Onni - 10-06-2012, 11:14 AM
RE: Moonrise [Qian + allies, aftermath] - by Moth - 10-06-2012, 12:34 PM
RE: Moonrise [Qian + allies, aftermath] - by Yol - 10-06-2012, 04:09 PM
RE: Moonrise [Qian + allies, aftermath] - by Tillas - 10-06-2012, 04:17 PM
RE: Moonrise [Qian + allies, aftermath] - by Ink - 10-08-2012, 02:51 PM