the Rift

Let Me Be Your Shelter

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS

I will give your heart a place to rest when everything you had has turned and left.
I'll weave your names into my ribcage; lock your hearts inside my chest.

There was too much happening in Helovia, and the Dauntless was a sleepless stallion these days between travelling for politics, fighting gods, and patrolling his lands. But here he stood, a silent vigil of strength and guidance, beside the once-stranger and now brother in arms. The Dauntless stood solid like a mountain, unbent and unbroken no matter how the winds howled and slammed against his sides. His faithful hound lay at his feathered hooves, chin resting delicately on her dirt-stained paws. He could feel her drifting off to sleep below him, and so he sent her waves of warmth and comfort. A small memory of Loretta, but a pup, played in his mind's eye. Archibald was curled around her tiny body, holding her as she snored and twitched, a dream running across their bond. Golden eyes moved down to look at the older bitch for a moment, before the Aurelight called out for the herdmembers they led with strength and wisdom.

The Dauntless continued his silence as Kaj went on about his speech, obsidian tail flicking flies away from his hide. The height of Tallsun was nearly on them, and even as he stood there, unmoving, sweat gathered between thick thighs and beneath the breast collar of his collapsed armor. When the pegasus finished, Archibald lifted his head. Golden eyes scanned the group before him, resting momentarily on the forms of Lakota and Ktulu before speaking. "The refugees of this Rift land are to be treated with cautiousness. We have seen the torment the diseases from these lands can cause, and we have no reason not to believe that the newcomers carry infection as well. Should any wish to make a home here in the Hidden Falls, they are welcome to, but if they show symptoms of sickness they will undergo serious treatment by our healers and those with the magic that thwarts the diseases. That is not an option." Archibald's voice was firm, and it was clear that there would be no room for disagreement and retort on this argument.

"Like Mikyael, many others have shown dedication to the success of this herd. Destrier, Aaron--you are now Conscripts of the Hidden Falls, warriors of skill. Be sure to hold these titles in high regard, and do not let the passion fall from your hearts. Ciceron, it has been noted by Ktulu and the eyes of others that you have been working hard, even beyond the borders of your rank's duties. Please, step forward now and join Ktulu as Champion of these waterfalls. This land is yours to protect with the title to match, and let none question the strength of your courage." Archibald shifted his weight, looking to the dappled grey stallion. The Dauntless nodded his massive head, a warm look falling on the dedicated warrior.

"We wait now on only one God of Helovia to reappear--our patron. Be wary, and keep your patrols high. Should the Earth return with a land and refugees, I suspect he will need our help in battle as the others have. Let us show the God of the Earth the might of those whom reside in his territory!" Archibald's voice bellowed, the baritone sound laced with the pride of a father and leader. "At long last, I would like you all to recognize a princess among you. My youngest child, the brilliant survivor of her mother. Macaria, welcome home!"

Image Credits

@Destrier @Aaron @Ciceron @Macaria

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Kaj - 10-18-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Archibald - 10-18-2015, 08:17 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Ciceron - 10-18-2015, 09:47 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Resplendence - 10-18-2015, 10:57 PM