the Rift

Let Me Be Your Shelter

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia

Isopia - called down by Kaj's summons, begrudgingly landed in a tree in her typical raven form. How many of you, she thought with a click of her beak, do not even know what I look like? There was no judgement in her mental observation. The girl quite obviously had made no attempts to get to know any within the herd, nor did she feel compelled to in any manner. Yet she found it odd that nonetheless Kaj still called them a family. She assumed she was not the only one with secrets here - even if hers were a mile high. Was Kaj just being naive? Ascribing some sort of bond to those who gathered within the protective boundaries of the Falls, simply because they shared the same proximity? She assumed that was it. Whatever relationship that was forged between them all, was seemingly in name only. Isopia had taken no oath, sworn no allegiance. She simply came and went as she pleased, doing whatever she wanted, and somehow was given the same title as those who did try.

Folding her blackened wings tightly against her body, the raven-girl listened.

Kaj spoke of those from the Rift, and Archibald echoed his sentiments. They advised treating the new comers with caution, but Iso simply decided to avoid them all together. Not because she feared injury or infection (though that black-goo disease was particularly distracting), but because that was how she treated everyone else. 

However what Archibald did next, made the girl's stomach turn as the respect she held for the warrior began to curdle. As if introducing his daughter to all at the herd meeting wasn't nepotistic enough, that he would label her a princess made the golden-eyed avian internally scoff. If anyone here was a princess of these lands, it was her. Her Father had made them - Archibald merely presided in them. The demi-god was not jealous that the Czar had labeled his child as such, merely disappointed that 1. He felt it necessary at all, and 2. That he would boast of her to those assembled, as if creating her was somehow just as noteworthy as their new Earth Medic who had cured many diseases, or their new warriors who had bravely defended their home. The girl simply had been born into her life, just as Isopia had, and those contingent circumstances were not deserving of praise. 

Somehow the introduction of a child - who wasn't even a newborn and so not necessarily new news - during a time of conflict and crisis didn't strike the girl as properly timed. However the thought did not linger in her mind for very long, for she didn't find nepotism particularly interesting. 

Is...that all? She found herself wondering, her thoughts hidden behind her ebony feathers. It was lucky for her that her raven-face did not display emotions well. She had been practicing a resting expression of neutrality in her true form, but found that mask all the easier to maintain as a raven. 

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Kaj - 10-18-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Archibald - 10-18-2015, 08:17 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Ciceron - 10-18-2015, 09:47 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Resplendence - 10-18-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Isopia - 10-19-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Ktulu - 10-19-2015, 10:58 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Imonada - 10-19-2015, 03:59 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Brisa - 10-19-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Miykael - 10-20-2015, 01:19 AM