the Rift

Let Me Be Your Shelter

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
He reassured their minds by his serenity.
His countenance, wherein his soul was visible,
expressed contempt for danger.

He hadn't healed as many as he had for recognition or reward. That was why he strived to keep everything casual, except for Archibald but that was an entirely different situation. A situation that he felt required a more professional approach. Even with Archibald he didn't have any underlying motives. He hadn't been secretly trying to glean the Czar's favor. He was simply doing his duty. A healer worth their weight mends the wounded and cures the sick without so much as a thought of greed. Though, to say that recognition, reward, or some sort of promotion would feel awful and would thus be unwelcome would be a lie; even for Miykael. Being recognized feels good but it does not drive him. What drives him are the faces of those he's healed, the relief so clearly on display, the way their breaths come easier and the way their eyes shift from clouded pain to healthy clear. Miykael does it for all of them, though, not just this herd. Perhaps that would get him in trouble some day, but today would not be that day it seems.

Kaj's call pulls them all towards him. Bidden like the moth to the flame, though presumably none would die at the stallion's hoof or by any other means, for that matter. Without hesitation, Eliana lands upon his withers and the two meander their way across the Falls by the way of the well worn paths. Soon, they came upon the lowest pond where several others had already gathered. Miykael pauses, eyes narrowed against the sunshine as he attempted to pick out a shaded spot in the group. Much to his relief, he quickly found one and slid into place with the hopes that the shade might help to ease his headache. The dried blood coating the hair from his ears down along his cheeks has thickened from several bouts of leaking blood. The red-brown streaks stand out against the golden and pale tones of his face, dark and likely concerning. As a healer, presenting anything less than perfect health had garnered him far more attention than he ever wanted. It made them more vocal and more resistant to accepting his aid. Although their hearts are inevitably in the right place, he finds it to be almost insulting that they'd presume to hold him back from his job. Miykael would continue to fight against them, as he always did. He pushes back against them, reassuring them in any way he possibly could that he isn't inept and that they are far from burden status.

Fortunately, many had let him do his job and many were better off for it.
Himself included.

After they'd all filtered in, Kaj began his speech. As he'd expected, the Czar spoke of the new lands, the refugees and the fights. But then something he hadn't been expecting happened; he heard his own name upon Kaj's lips. His head lifts a little, confusion fluttering within his mind. Earth Medic. He was being promoted to Earth Medic, the highest honor amongst the healers of the Falls. Miykael is nothing if not an open book and his blue eyes find the Czar, surprise very clear upon his face. He hardly even notices as the grasses curl gently around his ankles. Hardly notices them bestowing the earth's magic upon him. The healer feels it, of course, but his gaze never wavers from the Czars. "I-" he begins but his voice trails off and for several moments he's at a loss for words. "-thank you." Then Archibald speaks and, to Miykael's delight, takes the attention away from him. The larger stallion informs the group that the refugees are to be treated with caution and he merely nods in agreement. Archibald shares news of promotions amongst the warrior ranks as well as a new addition to the herd, bringing a gentle smile to his face. However, he remains silent - finding words unnecessary until Valiance shoots into the sky, bringing all of their gazes towards the small, one-eared mare. Resplendence adds her own little speech to the mix and even Miykael notices the subtle confidence in her delivery. "Thank you, Resplendence." he adds when she is finished, his voice deep but warm. "There is a new disease from the addition of the Halcyon Flats following the Sun God's return. It presents as a rather nasty headache with light sensitivity and sporadic bleeding from the ears. It does not appear to be as contagious as the previous disease but it should still be treated with caution. We have not discovered the cure yet but I have no doubt we will find one soon. If any of you are ill, please don't hesitate to come to us." Miykael falls silent then, allowing his blue eyes to scan the crowd for a moment before returning back to the Czars. It felt strange to be thrust into the upper echelons. Though even that could hardly compare to the odd feeling of speaking more than two words at one of these meetings.

M I Y K A E L
HEALER OF THE HIDDEN FALLS

Image Credit
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Kaj - 10-18-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Archibald - 10-18-2015, 08:17 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Ciceron - 10-18-2015, 09:47 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Resplendence - 10-18-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Isopia - 10-19-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Ktulu - 10-19-2015, 10:58 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Imonada - 10-19-2015, 03:59 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Brisa - 10-19-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Miykael - 10-20-2015, 01:19 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Parelia - 10-22-2015, 01:17 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Murtagh - 10-22-2015, 01:20 PM