the Rift

Let Me Be Your Shelter

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo

macaria

palest shadow; darkest light

Kaj's voice flows over a quiet, respectful crowd. They gather with their eyes glued to him; his handsome face and wings that seem big enough to embrace all of the waterfalls at once. They honor a few faces that she does not recognize, the magic of their ceremony was evident – she wondered if they all felt the static energy in their feet or if it was just her. It feels as if the Earth is speaking through the dirt...

Macaria's dark dappled coat hid the twitching of her muscles as her skin prickled – the contempt could be felt, like a wave rolling into the cliffs. Smash. The moment her father's thunderous voice boomed her name their eyes began to search for her. Her pale blazed face pokes out from behind her father's charcoal hip, her ears shaky but upright, her body trembling so hard she fears they will see it. She almost buckles, tipping over to give way to a faint, but she does not. Instead she pulls her thoughts together and smoothly melts from behind her father. She recognizes no one except Vitani...and a few features that seem to be from her foal-hood...but the anxiety blinds her thoughts and memories for the moment. She can do nothing but pull a half-nervous smile out of her ass and nod to a few of those closest to her.

The raven makes her jump, it's beady eyes feel as though they are tearing into her flesh. She averts her eyes back to the crowd ahead. Her voice catches in her throat, “Hel- Hello.” She speaks through a sweet, but broken up voice, slashing her small adolescent tail.

Why do they hate me already? Isn't this my family?

Perhaps it was only her own thoughts that beat her up, she tries to reassure herself of such. Maybe they are simply confused. Mother – is it always going to be like this? Their eyes. Are their eyes always going to be so sharp, so bent and leering with disappointment? In all her anxiety she failed to notice her father announce her as 'Princess'... she's heard the title, which to her is just a loving term, many times. It holds almost no significance to her just yet. But if she only knew what it meant to her father's people. To her people.

image credits

Messages In This Thread
Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Kaj - 10-18-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Archibald - 10-18-2015, 08:17 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Ciceron - 10-18-2015, 09:47 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Resplendence - 10-18-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Isopia - 10-19-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Ktulu - 10-19-2015, 10:58 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Imonada - 10-19-2015, 03:59 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Brisa - 10-19-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Miykael - 10-20-2015, 01:19 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Parelia - 10-22-2015, 01:17 AM