the Rift

[OPEN] speck of dust

Calista Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Courage is knowing what not to fear

She blinked, her blue orbs widening slightly in a fashion that could almost be called cute, had it not been from a unicorn of such grace. There was but a moment in time in which the damsel did not conduct herself in a debonair manner. Her expression brightened as the onyx prince turned to her. Calista had been worried he might run off and not be bothered to make conversation. Quickly the miniscule amount of uncertainty vanished from her head and she responded with vigor and vim oozing from her vocals."I do hate being alone. I am glad of your company, Erebos of the Aurora Basin, and of course it is nice to meet you, sir! It's satisfying to my ears to hear that you are well." Uknowingly Calista's scholarly side came out as she started to offer her best words of wisdom to Erebos. Not in an imposing or forceful way, but just musing about the nature of his debacle. She was fond of scholarly discussions. Although she was neither elderly nor experienced, Calista thought she had seen enough of the world to know a thing or two about life. Thus, it was no surprise that she launched into solving the puzzle this man presented her with. Calista could not help herself. Any chance the snow-laden lady got to be of service to another, she grasped with utmost enthusiasm. Nothing was every expected in return for these services. As much as she pleasured herself with doing everyone a good turn, her positivity could be frowned upon. Calista could not comprehend why one would not want a friend by their side. Who in the right of mind would rather mull about in their own misery like a pig wallowing in the mud? How outrageous!

Some were not so thrilled with the Moon Doctor taking such interest in their lives and problems. She always felt deadful when she was told off for her presumptuousness. One of her greatest flaws was precisely this. The woman cared too deeply about what others thought of her. The hurt caused by such rejection made Calista disgusted with herself, and tended to linger for days on end. Her mistakes were always slow to dissapear or die. For the most part, however, Calista was successful at enthralling those she met with her charms of sanguine"Knowing something and actually doing it are two separate matters. There is a long distance between them. Knowing what to do is a start. Many of us, myself included, often lack a plan. What is preventing you from executing,my friend? But please don't answer if my question is too bold or too trying for your liking." That said, she was clearly not telling Erebos to inform her of private matters, just reasurring him that she was willing to listen and offer what advice she had.

"Talk?"

image credits

@Erebos

Messages In This Thread
speck of dust - by Erebos - 10-18-2015, 07:53 AM
RE: speck of dust - by Calista - 10-25-2015, 11:34 PM
RE: speck of dust - by Erebos - 11-04-2015, 05:56 PM
RE: speck of dust - by Calista - 11-28-2015, 02:00 AM
RE: speck of dust - by Erebos - 12-12-2015, 08:12 PM