the Rift

[PRIVATE] over in the meadow.

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper
love me or hate me it's still an obsession
</style>

Things have been super cray cray. I love being on the move but not when there was a freaking tornado sucking me in. I needed a break. After being a vagabond for so long it felt weird to actually remain in the Dragon's Throat. With Ma missing, though, I had to step up my game and help my younger siblings through life. Her comforting presence was something I didn't want my siblings to be deprived of. While Pa is great (don't get me wrong) I don't completely believe he has a handle over all of his children. Mainly his daughters. Picturing him explaining the birds and the bees to them along with other female things -

Oh gods. I couldn't even imagine it. I shook my head as I cleared the image of the train wreck that would happen. Yeah, definitely need to swoop in and intercept some areas.

Wings beat slowly as hooves met tickling grass next to the wide river. The Thistle Meadow, so appropriately named, was a peaceful place. Standing there, the serene atmosphere gently embracing me, I was reminded of my mother. Sohalia the Transcended was an elegant, petite creature with natural grace. While I inherited her looks, her soft features, I was still the daughter of Gaucho the Wildfire. I am a warrior who is trying to replace someone who could not simply be replaced.

My eyes caught sight of me in the reflection of the river and I instantly wanted to disrupt it with a brutal swing of my wing. For some reason I hesitated though. Was this really me? Family meant a lot to me. It always has. Even when I was on the roam they were always in my mind, but taking on this much responsibility. Was I ready to become the mother figure of our torn family? Oh Ma.. How I wish you were here. I guess I deserve this after abandoning you all.

Cool relief flushed my parched throat as I touched my mouth to the water, greedily drinking the fresh liquid. Now I just needed to find a way to relax and calm down. Take a breather. Should I lay in the sun? Nah.. that didn't sound all that relaxing. Plus I got enough sun considering I lived in a desert. With electricity quite literally running through my veins I found it near impossible to remain completely still for more than a few seconds.

Ughh. I should have just asked around and seen if anyone wanted a friendly spar. That was always a great way to help clear my mind. Instead I went to a place that reminded me of my missing mother because that was a freaking great idea. Did I expect to find comfort from this? Expect for her to randomly show up? Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking anymore.

Puffing out my cheeks I whacked a rock with a wing, watching it skip across the water.

words

@Volterra

Image Credits
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
over in the meadow. - by Zenobia - 10-18-2015, 04:20 PM
RE: over in the meadow. - by Volterra - 10-19-2015, 02:37 PM
RE: over in the meadow. - by Zenobia - 10-19-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: over in the meadow. - by Volterra - 10-24-2015, 11:57 AM
RE: over in the meadow. - by Zenobia - 10-28-2015, 09:34 AM
RE: over in the meadow. - by Volterra - 11-07-2015, 01:10 PM