I
R
A
B
E
L
L
A

"Mirabella," Oh great. Here we go. She's going to tell me what a fuck up I am for attacking the Moon Goddess bitch or something. Or maybe its the fact I have yet to pick a path in the herd. I am not a soldier like my parents, nor do I have the desire to craft things either. I prefer to hang back and hide, to simply watch what was going on around me. "You did well out there," Wait what? Before I could speak she had gone on. "Never stop fighting for what you think is right. Take everything you think should be yours, physical or otherwise. I'm proud of you, Mirabella." She's, she's proud of me? Someone is proud of me? I stood there shocked for a few moments before finally speaking. Thank you.

I watched as her face curled into a smile. I allowed myself to smile too. She's proud of me. I can't believe some one is proud, of me. But she continues to speak, and I listen closely. Oh here we go, time for me to choose a place. But no, maybe that's not what she's getting at. Instead I learn a bit of her history. Her past. Something that I did not know before. I did not dare speak, as I did not want to interrupt her. My own bicolored eyes follow as she looks back at her tail, to the very trinket she was speaking of stealing. She had taken it for her own. "Like I said. Take whatever it is you desire, and let nobody stop you. So I did." This outcast had been outsmarted and lost her trinket. Yet the very act had changed the Lady before me into who she had become. I knew of her time as a sleuth. Not just one among the ranks, but as a lead sleuth if I remember right. "You stood up to the Goddess, Mirabella. That is no small thing." I was going to stop her and say it had been foolish, but she had gone on. Wait, she's giving it... To me? I can not hide the surprise on my face this time. I took a step closer, allowing her to place it in my mane. I still had the amulet that had been given to me by Lena from Midas tucked away as well. My very own precious trinkets. Two things in this cold world that I have to protect. Thank you. It is beautiful. Now, I do feel strong. I feel like I can take on the world, with the support of the Basin at my back. Okay maybe not the entire Basin, but at the very least the Lady of the Basin. For now, that's all that matters.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

I'm braver, because I fought a giant and won.
I'm stronger, because I had to be.
I'm happier, because I've learned what matters.
I stand taller, because I'm a survivor.

[Image: 53924d1345a8c]

Messages In This Thread
In You, I See What I Used to Be - by Hotaru - 10-18-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: In You, I See What I Used to Be - by Hotaru - 11-12-2015, 12:24 AM
RE: In You, I See What I Used to Be - by Mirabella - 11-12-2015, 02:06 PM
RE: In You, I See What I Used to Be - by Hotaru - 11-22-2015, 03:43 AM