the Rift

[OPEN] This Woman's War [birth]

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

ALCHEMIST

Another winged man arrives, who seems to be the father. Ah, such a lucky fellow! Two gorgeous children, and a wife strong enough to bring them into the world and survive the process. Unfortunately, he smells of the disease, and I look at him with concern. If he infects the foals...I'm about to point that out when thankfully Gaucho seems to do that for me, which is a relief. Megaera speaks too, thanking us, but my instinct tells me she would rather be alone with her children and husband. I shift my weight nervously, torn between my desire to leave the new mother in peace, and my desire to be a good healer and make sure she's well.

Morrigan takes her leave, and I assume she's feeling the same amount of awkwardness as me. Then a filly arrives, declaring the boy as hers. My ears pin and I shoot her a dark glance - who does she think she is, to claim a foal as hers? But I trust the colt's dam or sire will put her in her place, so I keep my displeasure to myself. It's then that the twins' father bursts into flame, and I spook to the side in alarm. Then again, I reason, my own healing magic involves flame. It is not too great a stretch to think that this is healing, too.

Megaera seems...if not fully healthy, then at least not liable to keel over and die at any moment. I finally decide it's my time to leave, to let mother and children bond in peace. "I will leave you to your children, Miss Megaera. Please, if you or your twins become unwell, seek me out." I smile at her, then allow myself a glance at the children. God, they're so beautiful, all spindly limbs and innocence. Imagine if they were of my blood, were mine to nurture and grow...but no. Wishful thinking will get me nowhere. I nod to the other surrounding horses then take my leave, so the new family can get to know each other without my prying eyes.

image credits

Messages In This Thread
This Woman's War [birth] - by Megaera - 10-18-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Morrigan - 10-19-2015, 12:31 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Gaucho - 10-19-2015, 01:12 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Badger - 10-19-2015, 03:09 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Einarr - 10-19-2015, 03:41 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Nizho - 10-20-2015, 03:47 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Asavvi - 10-28-2015, 06:52 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Megaera - 10-28-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Mordecai - 10-28-2015, 09:30 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Morrigan - 10-28-2015, 10:09 PM